//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Friday, September 23, 2005

How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?

A good friend asked - how do you get over someone? Not just the person, but also the hurt that comes with it.

The truth is, I don't know. I am no expert, and I remembered being in a wreck too once.

What I learnt over the years however is:

It's not wrong to be sad or cry. It is your right. Cry all you want till you are all cried out. But after that, never look back.

Don't let him/her control your emotions. Some of them don't even think twice before they start screwing around again.

Prayers and doas do wonders. Family and close friends too are a great source of comfort.

If any information about him or her hurts too much, probably not knowing would be best. The great Allahyarham Sudirman chose to merisik khabar, but what's the use if it makes you sink deeper into the pit?

People say, keep the sweet memories, get rid of the bad ones. I agree to some point. But if the bad ones help you remember why you are better off without him/her, use that to your advantage.

I know this is easier said than done - but time will heal the pain. No one says that it won't leave a scar, because trust me it will. It may take longer for some, but as cliche as it may sound..there is always, ALWAYS a hikmah behind all that happens.


You may never get over the hurt totally. Most people walk around for years still carrying the bruises and wounds on their hearts over broken relationships. But my dear friend, you are one of the few people that I have faith in.

And I have faith that you'll come out of this just fine..

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once read this somewhere, dunno where (Haji Malim pening kepala, dia kena hujan). It's something like this, if I remember it well :
"No one deserves your tears, and the one who deserves it, won't make U cry".

ray and the crying cats

5:36 PM  
Blogger elisataufik said...

Haji Malim pesan thru telepathy:
It is also good to learn something from the relationship. Yg baik jadi teladan, yg buruk jadi sempadan.
At least you came out of the relationship a better person, not a worse person.

9:26 PM  
Blogger famyGirl said...

'tis true... insyaAllah, time will heal the pain. there will be moments when you'd get overwhelmed with sadness (i've been there i know) especially when something triggers memories of the other person, but you have to remain strong. Allah Maha Mengetahui... and yes, there is hikmah behind all that happens.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know who this good friend of yours is, but he/she shud be grateful to have a friend in need like you.

Time like this is when we wish we have that MIB memory eraser...kan?

We got hurt from the break off because we love him/her. Actually he/she is the losing end. So screw him/her..and let move on with our lives.

-bro-

8:18 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Ray & Cats : I read that before too. And I realised - Damn, so many people so don't deserve me!

Elisa & famy: Thanks for sharing.

Bro : I wish we all have that eraser thingy. But then, we won't be able to learn much, wud we?

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home