//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Feeling nostalgic..

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Feeling nostalgic..

I just found my book of poems I wrote ever since I joined the workforce *a.k.a the DARK SIDE!*. Some are rather silly, while others sad. Most were written based on the mood of the moment. *Realised there are even a few written in honour of the office's eye candy!*

This one was written when I was so smitten with Angel (as in the one in the series - David Boreanaz). And to realise that my colleague at that time has a resemblance just made the creative juice in my head pouring! *sigh*

Angel

Some say you are a myth,
Others say you're not real,
But that's not what I feel..
My friends say I'm dreaming,
Or perhaps hallucinating!
But no, not for me,
An angel, that's what I see.

You may not have wings,
And I dread to hear to you sing;
No halo on your head
Just a guy, others said
But to me, you're so fine,
You..the angel of mine.

Just so you know
I do cherish you so,
And if you ever need to leave
I thank you for this happiness you give..
And know this my angel
I will always remember you well,
Even after a long while
I'll go 'That's the angel, who always made me smile'..

10 Comments:

Blogger Oreos said...

you started writing poems when you started working. that cannot be a coincidence :)

5:51 PM  
Blogger binx said...

such lovely words..

but..
how can u have time for all the creative juices to flow in at the office?
i don't even have time to breath
:D
*jeles nyaa*

10:01 PM  
Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

phewwitt phewwittt!!

eh, do I know this Angel guy? ANd no, not the one on TV.. ;)

10:14 AM  
Blogger atiza said...

why do you stop?

1:35 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Oreos: Wy wonder why sometimes ..hehehe..*gives the knowing cheeky grin to oreos* But I did write back in college, but not often.

binx : If I am not mistaken, that was written during one VERY boring training I had to attend. *smile* Try it, very relaxing.

But I usually write during seminars, trainings..sometimes even meetings. You know, when the bosses start to talk about everything else except work!

2:12 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Leez : He is the TV guy la! *whispers to leez - 'No, he is no longer with the company.*

atiza : I still write, just not as often. *And I usually chuck it in between my organiser, my folders, etc*

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waaaaaa Lion3ss,

Kucing saya Pak Malim sangat suka poem awak. Tulis satu rangkap untuk saya, boleh tak? kata Haji Malim sambil memegang kapak. (Ini macam ugut aje, pegang kapak supaya awak tak lupa, kucing saya yang hapak). It's nice to find the things we've left behind in the yester-years. Esp if it reminds us of a special someone we were particularnya fond of when we were in school. I think the fondness stays with us thru' the years. To think about it, make us wanna smile and return to the memories that used to be. Eh, ray cat, awak ni macam merana aje kat tempat kerja, kata Haji Malim sambil memakai kemeja.

ray and the poetic cats

6:40 PM  
Blogger EARTH2IAN said...

i can hear the longing in your poetry. That's good. Let it all flow it and don't let the rhyme hold you back. Just let it flow. Check out poetry by rimbaud. Free verse will free you even more to express the depths of what's in your soul. Just follow your own rhythm. Try it and let me know how it works out.

1:20 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Ray : I so agree with you on the memories of yester-years. I have some that can still make me smile till today.

Tell Pak Malim that his owner is capable of writing more beatiful poems for him *But lion3ss cuba ok?*

earth2ian: Thanks. I shall try. I have been reading yours as well, and boy, am I impressed.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually mimpi about Angel aka David Boreanaz a few nights ago! Probably cos I rented the 1st season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fromthe library... and Angel is there looking soooooooooo young and YUMMMMYYYY!!! mmmmmMMMMmmMMMMmmmMMM!!
*sipoh*

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home