//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Blurry, blurry day..

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Monday, August 08, 2005

Blurry, blurry day..

The haze is back. And according to the news, it's here to stay for quite a while. In times like these, I am grateful that I don't have any history of sinus or asthma. Poor T has been constantly visited by his wheezing for the past 2 weeks, and Emm can't even walk out of an enclosed building without feeling dizzy.

As for me, I have to put my twice-weekly-power-walking session in the park on hold. MJ and I did try last week, but the haze got the better of me. I felt so tired that night and had a nose block. Buster said it was all 'in my head'. Sheesh.. *rolls eyes*

The haze started earlier with the Sumatran forest fire and thanks to the southwesterly winds blowing our way, it brought the haze together with it. And not to mention that open burning in Cyberjaya Park. What were those people thinking? Having fun making things worse?!

Driving out to lunch yesterday, I was thinking of the small things people could do to help the situation:

1) Avoid smoking in open air. I know it is hard for most, but maybe just for these few weeks?

2) Car pool or take the public transport - less exhaust smoke in the air, the better it is.

3) Put a stop to open burning! Even with this haze going on, I could still see some people burning dried leaves and their garbage. Please-lah people!

4) Instead of having a BBQ, why not have a oven-grilled meal? It'll be healthier to stay indoors anyway nowadays.


Well, that's my two-cents for the day. Maybe, just maybe with everyone doing their bit..we might get over this hazy experience sooner.

10 Comments:

Blogger Dade Ghost said...

I am with you.....

Plus all open burning should be ban! For the time being la.....

4:56 PM  
Blogger atiza said...

jimi's having his sinus attacks quite often now..i could only blame the haze..

good pointers you have there..

take care!

1:52 PM  
Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

They should cancel work tomorrow, is all I'm saying..

:)

4:24 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

DG : Not for the time being - for good!!

atiza : Poor Jimi. It's getting worse now, so Jimi better stay indoors!

Leez : I hear you!

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hafta blame Dr.M also in this case, for putting Rafidah's ass on fire.

friendly advice : "thou shall not trim your nose hair..."

2:00 PM  
Blogger Oreos said...

good on you for thinking of stuff to do to help with the haze problem.

i'm with leez on the holiday rule...

6:11 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Oreos said...

have a good weekend (indoors), you all :)

3:20 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Anon : Like, huh?

Oreos : If only we all work in Port Klang or Kuala S'ngor - our dreams came true la.

Yups, I'm for the day off too. But some ppl in the office said they prefer to be working than be at home and get exposed to the haze.

Have a great weekend people!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Lollies said...

worry that there will be permanent health damage on the children

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home