//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Of bombs and sports

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Friday, July 08, 2005

Of bombs and sports

I heard about the bombings in London while I was driving home from Bangi. 3 underground and a double decker bus. No certain number of casualties were reported then. My first instinct was to call Kerry and ask for PH and Ace's number. But I couldn't get her. I pray for their safety, especially for Ace who is there for the sister's graduation. Kerry finally sms-ed me at about 2100 hours to report that Candy, Fizz and PH are fine. Shaken, but fine. We have not heard from Ace, but looking sat the news report this morning..we are hoping for the best.

Let's pray for their safety. And for this madness to end. My condolences to the family of the 37 people who passed away.

=============================================================================

The company games has started again. And as much as I was looking forward to meeting my fellow mates and being on the courts, it has been taking a toll on me.

You see, we are given a week off for the games, and another week for training. This past 5 days has seen me driving to work in the morning, leave for Bangi after lunch, spend 3 hours on the court and drive home again. I guess I am not that young anymore as I find this tiring, physically and mentally. *What, Lion3ss admitting she's old?!* And of course, Crazy Woman can't seem to leave me alone. Even to print some memos, she would call and call and call! Sometimes I think she is just trying to make my life miserable. Rache is also involved and she has been gone for the past 3 days. The games will start next Tuesday, and even on that day I need to be in Putrajaya right after my match. I just hope it won't drag into a rubber set *crosses fingers*

Last night I got to watch the yummy Lord Balian of Ibelin again, compliments of Emm and her free tickets. So there we were, drooling over Bloom under the not-so-starry sky in Kiara. With the exception of mosquito bites and a very noisy bunch of makciks behind us, the night was perfect. Oh, and we got to see DATIN SERI Tiara Jacquelina and her hubby.
(Apparently, last night was NTV7's 7th anniversary and we had (forced to actually) sing happy birthday before they let us watch the movie!)

With engagements and training and the games next week, I hope I'll still be alive to update my blog. Wish me luck!

8 Comments:

Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

Hey, have fun dear!!!

But do take care and don't strain yourself too much.

Yes, you're not that young anymore (Oh-oh... I'll definitely get whacked for this! HEhe)

But bosan la you takde kat opis. Seriously :).

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy what was my fave time of year: where one can feel pseudo-important, cos one is actually being paid... to play tennis!! whoohooo!! :D *sipoh*

9:03 PM  
Blogger Lollies said...

you main apa? tennis? badminton?

have a good game though

10:44 PM  
Blogger atiza said...

have a spanking tourney..

1:24 PM  
Blogger Dade Ghost said...

Work hard, play harder... someone told me only last month....

Went to that open air movie last week. The toilet la not so good. And got to bring your own prayer mat and compass....

3:03 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Leez : I still managed to injure myself *sigh*. But we won, so it's ok! Did the office survive without me? Hehehe..

sipoh : Kan? Kan? But your team missed you.

Lollies : Tennis. In the hope to be 1/10 as good as the pro!

atiza : Thank you, thank you.

DG : You're right. No praying rooms. I didn't check out the toilets though..

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey....congratulations to you and your team!! although i'm not sure how much was your contribution...hehe.

sorry for not going there to watch you guys playing. Not really comfortable being with a bunch of people who "love means nothing (zero)" :-)

8:28 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Bro : I shall disregard the first sentence! Yup, you didn't make it to the ccourts this year, but I guess it is all worth it since you got 2nd!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home