//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Buster's Birthday

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Friday, July 15, 2005

Buster's Birthday



Happy birthday to my love!
A sea around my heart:
Part shelter, part enduring word,
Part mirror of my art.
You are the calm that drains my rage,
Bliss upon my shores,
Immensity immutable,
Rush that life restores.
To you I wish to be a welcome
Harbor for your ocean,
Destiny and origin,
Aim of your affection,
Yearning of your motion.

Copyright by Nicholas Gordon


13th July

Buster turns another year wiser today. I only wished him happy birthday over the phone last night since I spent the night in the hostel. Knowing that I am no morning person, he was okay with that idea of me not driving back and forth.

Right after we won our game, I rushed back home only to be surprised by the birthday boy behind the door. As he too just came back, we decided to just spend the day at home. Cooked him his fave lunch, and just lazed around the apartment. As it was a rainy day, the weather was just perfect for our evening nap.

We left for Daddy's place just before Maghrib. Had his birthday dinner with the family, and went back to the house for the ice cream cake and presents. The kids were having fun blowing (or spraying!) the candles and opening presents that they themselves gave! By ten, took Buster to Chillies for supper, supposedly meeting up with Ace, Kerry and Anne. He was really upset that I didn't set up supper with his friends instead. I got an earful the whole way to BSC. Not only was I accused of trying to change his birthday tradition, I was also taking away his friends!

But his grumblings came to a halt when he saw SL, Kimmy, Chef, Evon and Woody together with Ace. Of course I remembered the gang. *shows how much faith he had in me!* Everyone had fun, especially the guys who finished up everything in sight. It was a good birthday, and I hope he felt the same way too.

Happy birthday Buster..

14th July

While Buster was away in the office and me tanning myself on the courts, I made confirmations for his birthday treat. I just realised how dificult it is to find reputable spas which cater for couples, within affordable range! I managed to secure three places, two being well-known spas and one nearer the house.

I was back by two. Since we were early, we decided to check out the spa nearer to home. It sounded nice, and reasonable after all. Plus, they just opened like 2 weeks ago. Our adventure began when we had to look for the building. It was right behind the Jaya Jusco in Kepong. That should've triggered a warning bell, but I was being my oblivious self. We finally saw the sign. Okay..it looked legit. We went up and went into the spa. We were greeted by a chinese mafia-like boss. Ting-tong, my warning bell sounded. He said we needed to wait for 15 minutes. Okaaay. Two other customers came. They also looked like some triad members of some sort. Aparently they are regulars there. My second warning bell went off. Buster was already eyeing the customers' shoes. Aparently all of them were male shoes. He was making jokes that I was the only lady there. But somehow, I didn't think it was untrue. One of the masseus came out, she was in her bermudas and baby-t. Third warning bell rang rather loudly. I THINK I TOOK MY HUSBAND TO A DODGY, 'EXTRA SERVICE' KIND OF SPA!!! Called SL to confirm (his clients are regulars to these kind of places) and true enough, he said it might be one of those kind of spas. I told the guy we couldn't wait. He just gave us a stern face and said - Suka lu la..lu tak bole tunggu. We couldn't get ourselves out of there fast enough! Buster is still making fun of me till this day!

We proceeded to my earlier booking in this place.



90 minutes of traditional Javanese massage,under a Balinese hut in the middle of a man-made jungle. It was bliss. And Buster enjoyed it tremendously. Those Indonesian ladies have magical hands I tell you! Thank you Puri Santi, for making Buster's birthday treat an affair to remember!

Mood of the moment : Floating

9 Comments:

Blogger Dade Ghost said...

Ladies???? Buster massage by the ladies??? Ermmmm what happen if he goes there alone????

WHat am I thinking??? My dirty old mind is talking nonsense....

10:18 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

DG, yup ladies. Thank goodness they were like 40 years old! I would be more worried if he went alone to the first spa!

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please convey this message to Buster..."Happy Birthday brother!! May happines,prosperity and 'barokah' be with you always."

p/s: hey sis, where exactly is the first one again?

-bro-

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so so so buster's birthday eh? Haziq's is on 14th February. Can I expect a good man from Haziq, just like Buster?

1:28 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Bro: Buster said thanks. Anyway, thanks for the gifts too! Err.. I KNEW you would ask for the details of the first spa!!

lollies : He is growing up to be a good man already. Kudos to his mom.

8:34 AM  
Blogger MDR said...

Wow what a great birthday present! hope i get to do that with my other half on our next birthdays! hehe..

4:45 PM  
Blogger famyGirl said...

what a pleasant surprise cum lovely birthday gift.

9:47 AM  
Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

Laa.. I didn't know it was Buster's birthday!

Happy Birthday Buster!!

Gosh, it sure sounded like a lovely birthday :). He's one lucky guy.

11:39 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Marina: You should! And trust me, both of you will benefit from it..hehehe.*wink!*

famy : Am glad he thought so too.

Leez : That time I was away. Sorry didn't inform you. Buster said thanks for the wish!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home