//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Remember to count your blessings, sometimes they come when you least expect 'em.

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Remember to count your blessings, sometimes they come when you least expect 'em.

Took Friday off. *Not that I mind so much NOT being in the office! grin* Since the night before saw some of us straining our eyes over at Woody’s. He was in charge of a competition organised by a leading local bank, and his good-for-nothing hired staff did not deliver as supposed to. Hence, the not hired staff a.k.a. Me, Buster, Jean, SL, Chef and Evon spent our Thursday night slaving over more that 5000 entry forms to segregate the winners from the rest. I almost swear to never again join all these competitions out of pity for the event organisers! However, we managed to get things done by 0130 hours (much to my dismay since I missed both Buffy showings! Hehe..)

Poor Buster had an 0800 hours meeting in Putrajaya. Me? I slept on and only woke up at 0900 after three calls from Mama and yes, left almost immediately when she started her ‘Mama-mari-KL-sekali-sekala-pung-awok-bangung lewat’ (‘I-only come-to-KL-occasionally-and-you-still-wanna-wake-up-late’) lecture. Since the lawyer’s appointment was after lunch, I took her to have a look at the work-in-progress at home, as well as the apartment she was about to sign her name to. She likes both by the way *lion3ss sighed in relief*.

After the signing hoopla, T left for classes and Buster (who managed to work his way around Ma’am to get half day off) joined us for lunch. Also managed to get T’s present for a really good price before going back to PI to rest and pack. Since Mama’s flight was at quarter to eight, we took our own sweet time resting and talking (errr..and Buster catching up on lost sleep!). BIG MISTAKE. Apparently it was the Lantern Festival that night and a few roads in KL were closed due to this. Add this to it being a Friday and you’ll get - a massive traffic jam. Although we left at about 1715 hours, we were stuck in Loke Yew for almost an hour! Mama was panicking, in fear that she’ll miss her flight. I was feeling guilty and upset to make her feel panic and to top it all, I had a call from the house asking me to come back and cook since the whole household was sick.

There I was, stuck in a traffic jam next to my ever worried mom, thinking of what to cook for dinner and realised that I would also have to miss having a belated birthday get-together with the girls. I guess this is where I felt a tug-of-war between family obligations and an opportunity to be with friends who used to be your family when you were single. The moment I reached KL Cat and rushed Mama to the ERL, it was already kinda late. Had a milder traffic jam in Jalan Bangsar and by the time I reached the house, BW already put everything in order for me to cook. Texted friends to confirm I wasn’t gonna make it, not that it made much of a difference to anyone, anyway. The dish was added with a bit of tears of frustration with how the whole day turned out to be. But later, looking at how everyone who were so weak, especially lil’ Nanum ate dinner made me realise that it was all worth it.

Sometimes, the finer things in life hit you right in the face even when you're not out there looking.

4 Comments:

Blogger elisataufik said...

nothing spells love like feeding someone.. ;)

that's why I get so mad when I cook and they dont eat!!

2:08 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

How true!

8:15 AM  
Blogger RG said...

i'm stuck in that traffic jam as well. it takes me two hours from kl central to ampang. damn. :) hehe

12:55 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

RG : Terrible wasn't it?

HoneyR : Well, I suppose you win some and lose some. My dad-in-law eats whatever I cook, sometimes even have extra helping, but he will never offer even a word about the dish! *grin*

Anyway, you moved hosts?

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home