//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: A weekend getaway

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Monday, August 30, 2004

A weekend getaway

The weekend came and went. The round of activities were tiring, although I am glad we managed to slot in so many things.

28th August:

AWARD CEREMONY

Woke up early and refreshed after a wonderful sleep at IJ’s. She prepared us breakfast (hehehe) and off we went for T’s ceremony. Had to resort to another route since most of the roads were closed, but ended up at the bank sharply 5 minutes before nine. Not bad at all! The ceremony started at half past, and since most of the seats were taken, Aboh and I had to sit in between the scholars and a family whose dad was sleeping half-through the speech. He was even snoring, hehehe!

I was so proud looking at lil T going onto the stage to get his award, although he ended up second last this year. It amazes me to see the students with CGPAs of 3.98 and A Levels of 4As. It makes me feel so very small compared to these brainiacs. The HR guy reminded T that it is his final year and he needed to either maintain his performance or buck up to join the ranks of those in the higher GPA. I believe he will. He has proved to many that he made the right choice to stay in Shah Alam despite whatever everyone else said. Go T!

THE WEDDING

Left after lunch, and got into the next ride. Anticipated a massive jam due to the long weekend, and true enough – we were at a snail’s pace between Seremban and Melaka. Made it to JB at about 6 p.m., just in time to get ready for the wedding. On the way to Pulai Springs:

Buster : Does the signboard say Kuala Lumpur?
Me : Err, Danga Bay there..and..
JBT 1881 passes through the turning
Me : and Kuala Lumpur as well…*whispers softly*


Needless to say that we spent the next half an hour looking for a turning. We finally arrived an hour later than the invitation, but fortunately the dinner hadn’t started. Apparently, the bride and groom were caught up in traffic too!

The wedding went well. Gorgeous and Hepsy looked so radiantly happy. I am glad that Buster finally met my best guy pal and hit it off quite well. We said our goodbyes to them and left when the dance floor started to fill up. Plus, I think he was a bit too high to even realise by then! *laugh*

29th August

Checked-out right after breakfast and went to see Chair and Mel. They have just gotten their second son, who is as adorable as Aliff. I actually let Mel put a 2-month-old baby in my arms and surprise, surprise – he fell asleep. Big accomplishment for yours truly. (I have this phobia of babies below the age of three months) *Yay for lion3ss!*

Left for PD, and got caught in a jam. Finally reached there after lunch, and since everyone else were either at the telematch or sleeping, we opted to take a nap. By five, they managed to drag us down for a round of football and lemang (and ubi kayu, sambal ikan bilis, rendang..etc..etc..). Went for a swim in the sea right after. I know, not a smart move after all those food, but it was worth it. That side of the beach was not populated and still clean for PD’s standard. Jiji and family had a bbq that night, and after stuffing ourselves with lambs and squids we left for KL. Daddy followed us back since he had to work the next day (plus I think he was getting bored and felt slightly out of place with Acu Lan’s family). I wasn’t allowed to sleep in the car, just in case Buster was sleepy. So there I was, yapping away to keep him awake!

No doubt I was out flat as soon as my head hits the pillow. But it was a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home