//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: I Drove All Night..

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I Drove All Night..

Going through a lousy week, what better way to unwind than going back to see your loved ones. Not able to last another day in the city and since the new highway is now opened (PLUS free of toll for the time being),I managed to charmed Buster into allowing me to drive good ol' TicTac home!

Armed with Sun Moulin buns and Ribena, I left the office right after work. Since Nadsy wanted to get songket for her wedding, I had company for the trip. The highway was surprisingly empty for a Friday. Managed to make it to KT in six hours INCLUSIVE the various toilet breaks, roadside stop due to rain and McDonalds supper. Not too bad for two girls driving at night..hehe. *No, Buster, I couldn't make it in four hours like you would have :)*

The weekend went by really fast, especially when Saturday was filled with shopping in the pasar and going around town for keropok, songket, air nyiur, more food..and the list goes on. I conjured up so many excuses to leave when Sunday came. We had to finally, after one last round at the market and brunch with the family. The trip back to KL was somewhat more relaxed. And we had sooo many pit-stops that Buster was thinking of forbiding me to drive via the coastal road after this! *grin*

In Marang:

Nadsy : Ooh, ooh, I think I saw a shop selling all those raga stuff.
*lion3ss steps on brake and made an illegal turn.*



In Kerteh:


lion3ss : I'm hungry, any plans?
Nadsy : Ooh, let's stop for that famous nasi sup tulang.


In Kuantan:

*Phone rings*
lion3ss : Oh sure Lan, and make sure you serve us good food for tea!

However, the drive through the highway later on was a bit slow. It rained cats and dogs, and there were so many accidents on the road. Poor Nadsy had to stop a couple of times due to the heavy downpour and strong wind.

One last stop in Genting Sempah for McDonalds (again!) and we were back in the city. It was a good break. And yes, I am feeling so much better now.

I guess going back home is always the best therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home