//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Bills, Bills, Bills

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Bills, Bills, Bills

 
 
The monthly scenario:

26th:   Yay, it’s payday!

27th:   *logs onto Maybank2u to pay house loan, electricity bills, phone bills, astro bills, etc, etc.*

28th:   Ooh, I need to pay my maintenance fees, and the water bills. Ugh, how could I forget to pay
my credit card? It’s three days late! Err, how much did I owe the tailor again for that dress?

29th:   *Phone rings*  Hello? Oh, hi T. Takdok duit? Oh dear, so you haven’t bought the printer? Uh,
sure..I’ll bank it in. Doksoh be upset.

30th:   *Phone rings again* Yeah. Huh? What do you mean it wasn’t enough? Of course I still need my 
line! *temper rising* Don’t worry, I’ll pay at the kiosk by lunch.     
  
31st:    What? I’m left with how much?! *sticks tongue at ATM screen*


2nd:     Err..when’s the 26th again? *crossing days off the calendar*
 
This happens to me almost every month now. Sometimes I can’t figure out why. (I can hear Mama saying; "maybe having more than one credit cards is not such a brilliant idea"). But I don’t shop, wait..ok, that was not entirely true. I do shop, but very seldom nowadays. I look at my friends splurging on new shoes and new clothes and I wonder why I can’t afford to do the same. I still have enough for savings and for my parents’ retirement funds..but deducting that and the rest of what’s ‘practical’, I am lucky to be able to get my luxury item of the month! (which, for the past 2 months, has been those black pumps from HP)

Most of my friends think I shouldn’t be having monetary problems anymore since I have Buster to help out. Dead wrong. I don’t know how others do it, but I still pay for my house and its management fees, my car maintenance, to name a few. Yes, it would be nice to get him (or some even suggested our parents!) to help out, but then I wouldn’t be at ease doing so. It is after all my responsibility, and they have helped more than enough.

I know I shouldn’t be complaining. There are others out there who doesn’t even have a place to sleep, nothing to eat, and have used the same clothes for years. And here I am, sulking because I can’t have my 5th pair of black shoes. Tsk, tsk.

But sometimes I still wish money grows on trees *sigh*

A birthday shout to Malinski - Have a wonderful day and a great year ahead!

3 Comments:

Blogger elisataufik said...

malunya nak cerita... but I've been working for 10 years, and I *still* go through the same cycle. And we have TWO incomes, not one.
But then again, I have 3 kids (so that's food, diapers , school fees). and 2 cars. and house loans. and insurance. and that damn rainbow cleaner i bought a few months ago..
*sigh*
nasib baiklah buat potongan gaji masuk ASB, kalu tidok gak... savings pong takdok!!

11:13 AM  
Blogger AF said...

I think it's an international problem, this sticking tongue out at ATMs deal.

I just stuck my tongue out to one yesterday. Takkan tu je yang tinggal???? :D

10:57 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

How true..am glad that I will be done with the car loan soon! I've been 'stealing' bits from my ASB lately that the amount deducted from the gaji is actually less than the amount taken out! *shakes head in dispair*

Anuar - can you imagine those people monitoring the cameras near ATMs? They must've seen so many different versions of toungue-sticking in their job!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home