//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Breathe In...Breathe Out

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Monday, July 19, 2004

Breathe In...Breathe Out

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I’m feeling sad..
I simply remember my favourite things
And then I don’t feel...so baaad..

 
*sing along now!*
 
Nothing more wrong could’ve happened. A difficult week, a more difficult Friday and a disastrous weekend. Well, not the whole weekend but near enough.

Thursday and Friday saw Cruella at her worst. I never had high regards for her in the first place but now, I don't think I can even respect for her at all. Can someone please tell her that she is acting like a spoilt kid?! If she thinks going through people’s back and barking to others are the recipe of being a successful boss, maybe she better reread her psychological notes again. As happy I am for EllyB to be moving her new assignment, I am also left restless knowing that all her wrath and dismay will be directed solely to the only slave around a.k.a. ME.
 
Going back for dinner on Friday night was a mistake. Secretly I think BW is making it her life mission to find fault with me. When we don't come back, she complains that no one is around to finish the food. But when we do go back, she bitches about having to cook extra food. WTF?! Well, excuse me, I’ll still live without your cooking. In fact, I don’t think I even eat enough to make a difference in the amount of the food she cooks. And it is not that I don't help, I do. We all do. If she expects more, then tell us. She can’t assume people to read minds can she? *pulls hair*

Left the house with a promise of some peace of mind back home. Surprise, surprise..more bad luck awaits. The electricity was down, things in the fridge were already going bad, and to top it off - T’s room and part of the living room was flooded. Apparently, the heavy rain and strong wind had blown away the roof tiles and since we were on the top floor..well..you know what happens. The carpet was wet, the TV cabinet was spoilt and the list goes on. Spent the night mopping and cleaning and mopping. So much for a quiet night at home *sigh* .

Buster was again visited with his bleeding and Sunday lunch plan was replaced by a trip to the hospital. The doctor couldn’t find anything (again) and he was released for home leave. Informed BW  not to bother with the food as we were going home, plus there was food of which I cooked the night before. Spent a couple of hours hanging out with Jiji and watching Garfield with Daddy while Buster rested. Then, she came back..

..with food..which she expected Buster and I to bring home and eat.

WHAT?! Which part of DON’T BOTHER WITH FOOD or WE HAVE FOOD AT HOME didn’t she understand?! She became all moody when we left minus the food and mumbled something about no one will eat the kai fan she bought us. Well, ma’am - too bad, so sad.

I am still pestering Pie to step on it with the work he has yet to deliver for home. The sooner I get far away from BW, the better. After all, they say distance make the hearts grow fonder *fingers crossed*. As for Cruella, I don't think I can do much there since I am more or less stuck here at least for another year *double sigh*
 
Oh dear God, please give me the strengh..

2 Comments:

Blogger Dina Zaman said...

re: your cat story. my god, we have a nation of cat killers! haha. keep up the good work; reminds me of my days in corporate world.

2:19 PM  
Blogger AF said...

When it rains, it pours, no?

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home