//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: 3 More Days?!

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

3 More Days?!

Gosh..it is only Wednesday? Am already counting the hours for the weekend to come. *sigh*

I received the most pleasant surprising phone call last night. Stevie aka Gorgeous was my best guy friend all through high school. We were so opposite of each other in so many ways, but we manage to hit it off so easily! We lost contact after I flew off for my studies. Last I heard was that he was engaged to someone other than his munchkin 2 years ago. Although we haven't seen or spoken to each other for ages, the conversation just flowed so easily. My dear friend is finally getting married. And he has proved wrong to the people who always said he'd never make it in the real world. The short summary on what he has been up to after we left off was so very interesting. And now, get this - he is a prison guard in Singapore! He doesn't really like the job and the commuting, but it does pay him very well. I am so happy for him. Buster said we might be able to squeeze a trip to JB for the wedding..YAY!
My dear Steve, I wish you all the happiness in the world and I am so glad that you've found someone to share your life with. Hepsy is a helluva lucky girl.


This weekend would probably be another round of running about. Between dinner appointments, hitting the balls under the scorching sun, brushing up on my reading for Jiji's khatam kenduri AND trying to sneak out of camp for the long-planned movie outing..I think I'll start counting the days for next weekend from now. *double sigh*

By the way, I realised that someone in this office has a bad case of B.O.(ewww!). For someone who deals with clients most of the time, one would expect her to be a little bit more conscious on her self appearance. Reminded me of the article I read in the paper about that famous actress/model/tv talkshow host/singer/one of FHM Sexiest Women who unfortunately turn most people off with her body odour and unshaven ..err..armpits. I guess no matter how smartly people dresses up, or how expensive their wardrobe could be..some are just ignorant to the details of personal hygiene. Note to self: Hold breath next time she comes too near.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home