//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: What a weekend it was..

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Thursday, June 10, 2004

What a weekend it was..

Phew..what a busy two weeks it has been. I know I have been neglecting my poor, poor journal but I was hardly within one-mile radius from any internet. Well, maybe the cyber cafe at the hotel, but that doesn't count.

Anyway, Buster was in Japan for most of last week. That left me so totally alone in the manor. It was mostly work-go back-cook-eat-sleep. Even though Friday was an off day (and trust me, I had so many things planned), it felt like just another wasted day. I woke up late, hence cancelled the earlier plan of visiting Mummy Dah. I haven't been there for quite a while. I wanted to go just by myself instead with the whole family. I kinda miss her..it makes me wonder sometimes what sort of mother-in-law she would've been if she was still around *sigh*.

Since I didn't want my morning (or what's left of it) wasted, I dragged the kiddies for a visit to the optometrist, followed by a scrumptious breakfast of roti telur at Tiya's fave stall. It felt so refreshing listening about the world from the kids' perspectives. It makes you wonder when the innocence will start to fade away. They kept talking and talking, much to the dismay of a couple of I'm-too-cool-to-hang-out-with-kids-and-in-lotus young ladies next to our table! Tiya is very open with me on subjects like fashion, movies, her secret club, Akademi Fantasia (hahaha) and boys (yes, even at the tender age of 9!). I know sometimes BW feels left out when Tiya comes to me on these things, rather than her own mom. Jiji thinks it's because I am the youngest aunty and I don't look as 'adult' as the rest. I don't know about that but it does feel nice sometimes. We also took Socks to the vet for her annual de-worming jap. Good cat that one..didn't even meow-ed a bit. Mir tried his luck to get the attention of the kittens at the clinic..and yelped in fear when they tried to come near him. Sissy! The afternoon saw us making Father's Day cards before nap time. It was so heartwarming to see the kids painfully cutting out paper hearts and using stencils to make the writings 'nice'. At that time, I thought that their 'I love you Fader' card was even more beautiful than the Hallmark one I've gotten for Aboh.

I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening cooped in the apartment watching 2 seasons of SATC back to back. The only time I left the house was for dinner. NKN felt guilty for ditching me earlier in the evening, and made up for it with a wonderful Chinese dinner. I was left with Carrie, Sam, Miranda and Charlotte again after that till NKN came back with her overnight bag and cousin Noon in tow just before midnight.We slept at four, accompanying NKN putting beads on her kebaya. She does good work. I still can't believe the beautiful job she did on my wedding dress, just a few hours before the big day itself!

Saturday was a blur of activities of brunch with the girls, more DVDs, hair salons, and cooking dinner. Before I knew it, it was time to pick Buster up from the airport. Sunday was spent in the company of Harry Porter and the pasar malam folks. Buster was visited by his old injury, which made him jittery and left him in sweat the whole day long. But fear not, he is well and fine now..and to those helping hands, thank you very much. You know who you are.

A well spent weekend before another three blissful days away from the office..or at least so I thought.

That..is probably something I'll write on later..if I still feel like it
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home