//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Lazy Updates

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Lazy Updates

1) FLIGHT FIASCO

The flight on the ‘now-everybody-can-fly’ cheap, no-frills airline turned out to be one big adventure. An annoying one, that is. It started with me almost running from the office and wiggled my way through the jam-packed lrt..just to reach the KL CAT before Buster got there. (He made a big fuss of me being late leaving the office!)

Made it to KLIA just in time to join T for an early dinner in BK and took our not so slow walk to Gate A6. Only to find out it wasn’t opened yet.. AND to find out that the aircraft that was supposed to transport us home wasn’t even there yet by 1957 hrs (ETD: 2005 hrs). The plane arrived from a northern state 5 minutes after, and surprisingly they boarded us in no time. The two boys fell asleep as soon as the plane took off from the runway, and I decided to join them after like 15 minutes. I wasn’t even into my stage of deep sleep yet when I heard ‘Cabin crew, please get ready for landing’. I looked outside and lo and behold, we landed! Buster was excited that our airport has expanded (hahaha) but being a frequent flyer home, I knew it was not MY airport. We were back in KLIA and were asked to return to Gate A6– without explanation, without free Milo to compensate for our time, no nothing. All we heard (thanks to T’s eavesdropping expertise) was that there was a technical difficulty. After almost an hour of waiting, we boarded a different plane at 2200 hrs. Still no explanation given..still no Milo.

We found out later that one of the fans on the earlier plane was bent and did not function, and they didn’t detect it since they were so in a hurry to take-off on time! At 2300 hrs, SM Airport never looked better.. even though we had to miss visiting Aboh that night.

I was glad though, that our flight back to KL was smooth sailing (flying?).

*Note to self: Try to drive home more often*


2) FATHER’ S DAY

Aboh’s manipulation went well. It took him a while to come out of his drowsiness after the GA, but much better the day after. He told us he was fighting the effect of the anaesthetic and tried to keep awake even though the doctors tell him to just go to sleep. Poor Aboh, he was worried that if he keeps on sleeping, he’d never wake up. And every little pain of cramps he had after the operation robbed him of a decent sleep. He kept thinking of the worse and couldn’t sleep thinking of it. All of us took turns being with him at the ward to read his paper and to keep his mind off things. Latest news: He just got discharged after lunch yesterday, but need to go for daily physiotherapy at the hospital.

*I am still quite upset at a certain family member who decided a hunt was more important than visiting Aboh. Glad that T is growing up to be a responsible young man though. Such pride to see your annoying, bratty brother finally grew up.*


3) ANNOYING NSL

I applied for my leave. My leave was approved. I completed the needed tasks before I left on Friday. Cruella was totally in the know the reason I was taking Monday off. Putting all these together, one should not expect to be bothered with office work.

But no, NSL just won’t leave me alone. She called like 500 times before I board the plane, left 600 sms-es and asking me to e-mail some amendments to the report I submitted before I left. Is she for real, or just loves making our lives hell?! After the 601st sms, I just had to vent to EllyB. She said – just switch off your phone, you are on leave after all. On Monday morning and evening (about 1930 hrs to boot!) she was still calling. I chose to ignore her totally.

I was still ignoring her when I stepped into the office. Gave her the amendments by 0900 hrs, which of course should have been the case in the first place. She went on telling me on how important the document was to Cruella, that she had to call me..eh, why you didn’t answer my call huh? I just rolled my eyes and walked away. Since she was still yapping, I snapped and told her that my dad was being operated and I don’t usually bring phones to the OT. That shut her up (for like..emmm..three seconds?) before she started harassing other people in the office. Sometimes I think in some sick ways she feels satisfied intimidating people and using Cruella’s name to get us to do things. Move her out already!

Urgh!


*On a lighter note, I’ll get to play tennis today and the whole week in July. Yay!*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the worst thing about growing up is the realisation that the people you love most will not be around forever. It can be tough to stomach, but that is life. Having lost my Dad when I was 12, I have probably lived all my life with a weird sense of loss. Nowadays, I look at my Mom and Grandma and I cannot bear the thought of losing them one day.

The thing I learnt about losing my Dad was, you don't really lose your loved ones all in one go. Rather, you lose them bit by bit over a period of time. And to me, that was one hell of a torture. First Dad became very ill and he was no longer himself. You started missing the stuff you'd been doing together all your life, and you soon realise that you're losing grip of the stuff both of you could be doing in the future.

And then came the physical separation - he passed away without me ever saying goodbye properly. He just left one fine morning and I was hit by this huge void. At least I still had lingering memories back then. And then I began to forget how he really looked like, the things he used to tell me and worst, I began to forget the sweet smell of him whenever he held me close to him all those years ago. That was painful to take - I began to wonder if I wasn't being such a good son because I just couldn't remember anymore.

Anyway, it's a tough old life and like I said, it's all part of growing up. We just do what we can do and try to spend as much time as possible with our loved ones.

(you know who)

PS There's a reason why handphones come with an On/Off button. Forget Cruella and forget NSL. Live your life.

2:32 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Thank you.I guess that's tough, having to lose a dad at such an early age. The closest people I have lost so far would probably be my grandparents. However,appreciate if you could leave your name next time..saves me the time from guessing who you are if I indeed know you!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home