//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Cancerous Thoughts

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Cancerous Thoughts

A dear friend just had an operation yesterday. Alhamdulillah, everything went fine and last I visited, she was still under the influence of the drugs - sleeping soundly. It feels so funny looking at her so small and fragile in her hospital bed. I guess I am used to see the hyper, energetic side of her.

Lately, so many people I know have been sick. MJ, a health freak - has been having severe period pains lately and in her last check up, found out that she had a fibroid in a size of a tennis ball in one of her ovaries. Thank goodness the doctor acted fast on it and decided to take it out. Aunty Nari had one of her breast removed due to a benign growth, found out a month later that she has a stage two ovarian cancer at the same time. Ebs lost her dad to liver cancer last July and Ash's mom is now battling breast cancer. *sigh*

Someone sent me a mail recently on the various cancer specifically for women, complete with pictures and it made me so worried. The images were just too real, too scary. Cruella, after her medical check-up last month asked me whether I have ever gone for a pap smear to which my answer was no. She actually scolded me and practically scared me enough that I almost went immediately! *Err, this was a month ago and no, I still haven't gone!* Had a discussion with MMT and Kit over the subject and to my surprise, even these mothers-of-two haven't conjured up the courage to be prodded and tested. Guess I am not the only one. Mama told me that the test is not as painful as others say, just a tad uncomfortable. Maybe one of these days might just brave myself. When, I don't know yet.

I pray to God that I will never have to go through it, or even have to lose someone extremely close to me due to this. Na'uzubillah. Looking after Aboh and his diabetes and Wan with her on-off-on-again headaches is sad enough for me, and these are not even half as bad as some others have to go through.

On a happier front, Aefy and baby Wan Maisarah something (they haven't decided on the third name) are back home. Since the dad is against people visitng at night (for fear of bringing unwelcomed beings into the house - don't ask me where he got this!), guess the earliest we get to see them is this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home