//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Me against the music

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Me against the music

OK. Since binx has nicely asked, here it is:

1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?

Riiiight...I think I am a dodo when it comes to this. All I know is I have (only) about 56 songs in my computer at home...I don't own a laptop and I can't download music into this office computer of mine. I have been surviving on my Discman and radio.



2. The CD you last bought?

Grammy Nominee 2005

Best of Anuar Zain & Dayang Nurfaizah.




3. What was the last song you sang to before reading this message?

Everything's so blurry, and everyone's so fake. And everybody's empty, and everything is so messed up.
~ Blurry - Puddle of Mud ~.




4. Write down five songs that you often sing to or that mean a lot to you.

Five would not do justice to the songs I love to sing and that means a lot to me!! But since it says five..let me try:

1. I Just Called To Say I Love You - Stevie Wonder
The first song I actually memorised. Whenever I hear the song now, it'll never fail to transport me back in time - Me..at 4 1/2, singing my heart out with Abang as my fan.




2. Numb - Linkin Park
Described my exact feeling at the time it came out.




3. I Can't Smile Without You - Barry Manillow
Very catchy tune. I fell in love with the song from the first moment I heard it. Lyrics are so simple, yet means a lot.



4. Valentine - Jim Brickman featuring Martina McBride
The melody is just so haunting! And since I secretly wish I could play the piano like him. *Errr..I mean I wish I could play the piano ..period!*



5. Patience - Guns n Roses
The first song Buster has ever dedicated to me. Since he was already in UK that time, he wrote the lyrics in a snail mail. I had to run to NKN's room and borrow her GnR collection.



And here I am cheating :

5.1. Menyemai Cinta Bersamamu - Nora
Lovely song. Lovely voice. Lovely music. Unforgettable memories.

5.2. All My Life - KCi & Jojo
The song I danced with Buster for the first time. Summer 1998.

5.3. Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Lauryn Hill version
I like the orginal version, but when I heard this..I just fell in love with it!

5.4. Jerat - Harvey Malaiholo
Form 4. Trying hard to understand add maths. The song made it bearable.

5.5 Barely Breathing - Duncan Sheik
MSM Cheras. A Level. Marvellous years.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

Hmmm..I think I'll be nice. I'll just pass it to Leez since she asked. But anyone else is game to try it out. Please do.

6 Comments:

Blogger binx said...

thanks for being a good sport...

i think the stevie wonder song was oso the 1st song i can memorised.. plus the sudirman's balik kampung..

has just been introduced to "patience" this month. burned the song and the CD is now stuck in my car's player.. love it too..

*winks*

12:20 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Thanks for asking me to do this! It was fun..especially remembering those songs.

Aaah..I have a Stevie Wonder friend!!

4:22 PM  
Blogger shay said...

MSM Cheras? I was in MCC Kuantan before..I mean a few years back..or wait a minute...actually back in 1996.
Old songs bring back distant memories..hmm..

5:43 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Shay : About the same period I was in Cheras! I hear you about songs triggering certain memories!

8:27 AM  
Blogger shay said...

yeah...i think we are about the same age...i was in college with marinadelrey..she's a friend of mine :D then i flew to States to do my degree..and here I am again..in States..away from hubby..arghh terrible

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home