//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Food, glorious food!

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Food, glorious food!

Aaaah, the bliss of having wonderful, scrumptious meals without having to fork out anything. Not a twinge of guilt, just pleasure as you sink your teeth into each morsel of food. *drooling*

The past three days have been filled with eating, bowling, presents, eating, meeting friends and..err.. eating. So much for my wish to have a quiet dinner with Buster on my birthday! On Monday, Woody, SL and Kimmy took me out for dinner. We had sushi *plenty of it!* and out of guilt for pigging out - we went on to bowl. Not quite an easy feat when you are full to the max and still wearing you office attire!

Note to self 280205 : Need to skip lunch tomorrow.

1st of March came by quietly, with Gemini being the first person to text me her wishes. *By the way, thanks. Otherwise Buster wouldn't even realised it was twelve!* Although I was dying to go on leave that day, Crazy Woman was panicking since she hasn't done her reading for the BIG meeting and insisted that I'd be in the office. Thank God it wasn't us who had to submit a paper this time! Mrs Chip took me out for lunch and a session of gossip *but or course!*

Note to self LUNCH010305 : Not to eat chicken again for the next one month. Oh, and no carb tonight.

Came back about 1945 and realised that the in-law brigade took over the dinner plans. Nan Jatt, the big towkey even got a cake on top of dinner. No surprise that the kids took over the celebration from then on. Lil Nanum even told everyone at the restaurant it was HER birthday*grin* . And errmm..I believe the choc cake was 'sprayed' when they try to blow the trick candle *euwww*. Food was excellent - had rounds and rounds of it!

Note to self EVENING010305 : Go running tomorrow. And skip lunch (again).

By the way, I did not skip lunch..again. Accompanied EllyB to tapau. (I mean, how could I say no to an expecting mom?!) No, i wasn't her idea. No, she did not twist my arm. Yes, I am guilty for eating the beef bowl all by myself. *hangs head in shame*

Last night, Buster decided to take me out since our earlier plan were overidden. He planned to take me for crabs, but an hour before I had a change of hearts. I wanted Indian cuisine instead. Buster got all exasperated, and asked me to make up my mind in 5 minutes. He said he had 'mentally' prepared himself for seafood *rolls eyes*. But it got rather fishy since he made several trips to the toilet with his phone.

Note to self PREDINNER 020305 : Buster is acting suspicious. Need to check his phone for evidence.

We reached the old Subang airport about 2030 hours. And since we couldn't find parking, I proposed to go to another restaurant. He said no, he made bookings. Then walking into the place, I saw them. Kerry and Anne. And a table for 8. It was a surprise dinner! Buster planned this with them about 2 weeks ago. Only that they had to change the plan to a day later. A few minutes later, NKN appeared. Zane came half an hour after. The only people missing were Aefy and hubby - they couldn't make it since they couldn't get a last minute sitter for Sarah. *frown*

It was a great dinner. Endless stream of veggie and seafood, and the ever-so-delicious sweet and sour crab, eaten with those yummy fried buns. Heaven! And of course, the wonderful company..the people that have been in my life through everything. What else can a girl ask for?

Oh, when we reached home, a bowl of Mak Munik's Assam Laksa was waiting for me on the table. How can I resist?

Note to self POSTLASKSA 020305 : Never, ever imply to the helpers you 'rugi' not having dinner when you're eating outside.

Today, the department is throwing lunch for SeM, Imma and myself. More food..more sweets. Weekend - Abang and T plan for dinner PLUS 4 weddings to attend. Diet? Huh, what diet? *crumples the diet plan resolution* Thank goodness birthdays only come once a year.

And thank God TZ and Oys insist on having that tennis session this evening.

Note to self 030305 : Do not overeat during lunch. Start running again tomorrow. Buy that aerobics video. FORBID Buster to dangle sinful food in front of me. For God's sake - have some self control, woman!

What? Lunch is ready?

Pandan chicken you say?

Oh, and cream caramel?


*runs off to the pantry*

God help me.

10 Comments:

Blogger MDR said...

God woman! If only I could have a birthday like yours! It just proves how much ur loved when ppl go that extra mile to make it special for you :-) nevermind that they may literally feed u to death in the process!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kucing saya suka makan sushi, pandan chicken dan cream caramel. Happy belated bird-day ke? Lioness. Where's the fish cake?

ray and the caramel cats

4:21 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Marina : IT has been a while since I have celebrated my birthday this BIG (and I mean it literally too!). *I feel so full*

Ray :Thanks dear! Fish cake ada..your cat wants some?

5:00 PM  
Blogger Bustaman said...

Happy belated birthday. Kalau tak birthday pun, makan free ni memang extra sedap.

1:01 PM  
Blogger atiza said...

so..did you eat the sprayed cake?

mental note to self: BIG NO NO TO CHOC CAKE..1000x..(dang! I suddenly crave for Secret Recipe's Choc Cheese Cake)

4:47 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Pok Ku : Thanks. How true. Kalau free memang sedap!

Atiza : Kena makanlah nak amibik hati. Although I scraped the top part..hehehe.
*Chanting to atiza - You shall not eat Secret Rexipe's Cake*

5:26 PM  
Blogger Dade Ghost said...

Appy belated Bday... ramai la org Bday bulan ni....

Makan cake ok apa... cuma jangan terlalu banyak ler...

9:56 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

DG : Thanks. Of course eating cakes is ok. It's the guilt after it is the one that's not! *wink*

12:35 PM  
Blogger shay said...

err..i'm starting to like your blog...can i link u up?

5:49 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

shay : Welcome! Of course you may..

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home