//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Of families and friends

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Of families and friends

Being locked up in the training centre for the past two days had its benefit.

Firstly, I got to be away from Crazy Woman and even crazier demands. Although she was supposed to be the one attending, she gave her normal excuse of not checking her mail (eventhough the organiser has her return receipt) and has some other 'important' meetings. *rolls eyes*

Secondly, I have learnt quite a lot about my unit - from everyone who are not in it. Ironic huh? The process owner herself refused to get equipped and so many others helped willingly.

Thirdly, I got to exercise quite a bit. They've refurbished both the gym and mini gym, and the run at the stadium was rather nice. And after the barbecue and other great food they served us, it was worth it. Ghosts? Didn't bump into any *Thank God!* Since I slept in the same room with Ms Sue and Fish-talking Friend, it wasn't so scary anyway.

After two mind draining days in the training centre, I drove home looking forward for the weekend. Spent Friday watching The Terminal with Buster at home. I like the movie. Maybe because I like Tom Hanks. *smile*

In continuing my quest of catching up with old friends, I said ok to seeing Aye, Trace and E on Saturday. That kinda put me in hot soup for a while since Saturday was supposed to be family day. Made up for it by joining them for lunch and shopping, as well as cooking them dinner, hehehe.

Seeing my PKTR friends was great. We couldn't believe it has been ten years since we've met each other for the programme! Trace now has a PhD in E&E Engineering and works off and on in Jakarta. Aye is the special aid to one of the prominent CEOs in Malaysia while E is practising in the AG Chambers. Makes me feel so underachieved!Aye reminded E and I on the pact we made in December 1995 - we were to go camping again after ten years. It's a pity that Chicken dropped himself from our radar (It was supposed to be four of us). Aye is the same old dependable guy. He is making it big for himself, and we are so proud of the guy. E..well, E is E. She is now facing one of the greatest dilemma of her life - her family or THE guy. I wish her luck..and hope that whatever she decides will be best.

Or she can wait for Aye and make good their 'contract'. I shall wait another 8 years to get an invite from both of you!




7 Comments:

Blogger Lollies said...

cita terminal memang best. Tom Hanks made it better

4:18 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

I just adore the guy eversince Big..

6:00 PM  
Blogger Dade Ghost said...

Training is good, I wish they have trained me more....

Why u guys meet only every 10 years.... meet every month la..... Friends what....?

Those long distance friends maybe once a year....

Tell your friend, do not choose the family or the guy, choose her/him self..... Wei this sentence got meaning one u know....

8:29 AM  
Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

i gotta watch the terminal.. i've been in the cave so long, have tons of movies to catch up on!!

babe, i thot u wanted to install haloscan? meh sini aku tolong.. hehehehehehe...

8:40 AM  
Blogger famyGirl said...

i see trainings as "paid breaks from work". you get to eat/drink free during breaks (sometimes if you're lucky, the food is yummy, plus all-you-can-drink supply of nescafe) even better if trainings are outside office, as in walking distance to a mall ke, or MPH ke, or 'paling busuk' pun, accessible-to-anywhere-fun-via-LRT.

i guess that's why nowadays i don't get sent to trainings... *sigh* sebab i'd be having too much fun on the side.

have not watched Terminal yet :( but planning to. i did see the Making Of though.

10:34 AM  
Blogger kimster said...

Krakhozia!!!
Krakhoziaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

OK, I wait. I wait.

11:21 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Dade Ghost : I know, am bad at keeping in touch. That's why am starting again.

Leez : Should watch. Tulah, wanted to but no time yet lah.

famygirl : Yup, that's one plus point. But mine was an away day to design a module, and the training centre was in the middle of no where *sigh*

kimster : Do you have an appointment? I hate Tuesdays!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home