//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Selamat Hari Wilayah..

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Selamat Hari Wilayah..

Yesterday was Federal Territory Day. Not that I am patriotic (No, Bro, I didn't wake up in the morning singing 'Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur'), but I was glad that we got the day off. Not only that I get to sleep in for a bit, I also managed to get quite a few things done *pats self at the back*.

After coaxing Daddy to loan me one of the girls in the morning, I packed Soom off to my apartment for a spring cleaning session. Armed with cleaning agents, old newspapers and a vacuum cleaner *err, not that I don't one of my own - but this is one of those fancy schmancy Rainbow cleaner!*, we left her to turn to apartment spotless clean. She didn't mind me not helping out, as long as I leave the radio on for her. 'Kakak tolong tukar siaran Era ya?' Found out that they air quite a number of Indonesian songs...although no dangdut ones Soom misses!

We managed to complete our round of errands, with a pit stop at Pak Ngah's to visit Emma. She just got her fibroid taken out, and was showing us her battle scars. Similar to MJ's case, Emma didn't know she had this thing growing in her uterus up till 2 weeks ago. And boy oh boy, did that thing grow. Apparently, the doctors extracted some ball-like creature the size of those botak coconut they sell at the supermarkets! Scary huh? It happens more and more nowadays, and to people I know! Some claims it is the lifestyle we lead and the food we eat in this day and age. That's it..I am going organic!

Yesterday evening we ventured into The Curve. I kinda like the set up, especially the open concept eateries. Something like a courtyard..very nice. Had the Paddington Pancakes - the Beef Pepperoni comes highly recommended! Soon, once the Cineleisure opens, I have a feeling it'll be my usual haunt apart from Tesco and Ikano.

Ooh, saw Bridget Jones - The Edge of Reason. Not as good as the first movie not is it as good as the book, but of course.. The editing they do for our cinema viewing sucks. A number of times we don't know what was being said cos they wanna cut of the word 'screw' or 'f**k' - but shag was allowed. *grin*

I say, get a DVD copy. It'll be a better investment.

5 Comments:

Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

hey what a koinkidink! i also went to the curve last weekend. oh yeah, last week, not last night...

not much on the inside (reminds me too much of alamanda! kinda boring..).. but definitely love the open-air eateries!! hey, did you notice the swiss cows?? haha, loved them ;)

oh ye, can i oso borrow Soom or not? hehehehehehe...

11:57 AM  
Blogger Lollies said...

Itu sebable saya beli pirate...

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaaa, 1st February I wanted to take my cat Haji Malim to jalan-jalan cari ikan...waaaa soooo many people on the road mah. Haiya why aaah, I asked Malim, so many people. Malim my patriotic cat said, "It's Federal Territory Day meow meow meow". Of course, he remembers. His favourite song, "Senyum lah Koala Lumpur" nyanyian Alleycats.

ray and the FT Cats

8:55 PM  
Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

wahh.. very good lah your cats, ray! very the patriotic..

my cats tau makan, tido, beR*k je.. hehe..

8:44 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Leez : Colourful cows kan? Love the red one.

Lollies : I hear you..

Ray & the cats : Bagusnya Hj Malim. My cat only knows how to sing "Three Blind Mice".

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home