//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Forging new ones, rekindling the old..

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Monday, January 31, 2005

Forging new ones, rekindling the old..

First of all, my heartfelt thanks to Pok Ku, Mokciknab and the gang for that wonderful Nasi Dagang Party they hosted last weekend. Not only that we had good food (and drinks for those coffee addicts), we finally get to meet some of the people behind the blogs we read as our morning coffee. Elisa, we look forward to your Easy Peasy Chicken Kebab next few months. *BTW, Anis is as comel as she is in pictures!* My only regret is that I didn't get to say hi to DZ who was there with her parents. I just love her writing!

I realised that I have been terrible at keeping up with my close friends the past 12 months. Yup, I've been busy battling my own demons, but that shouldn't be any excuse to not allocate a few hours for the people who had made such an impact in my life.

So over the weekend, I called up my buddies to catch up.

First up was Kerry. In the past year, (although we've managed not to miss birthdays and festive celebrations) we have been so out of each other's life that I haven't even met her beau of 6 months! Yes, we talk about him on the phone, and even exchanged fears about the 'Meet-The-Parents' session..but last Friday was the first time that I actually meet him. He is no Keanu Reeves, and he may be a little substandard to Aunty Angel's eyes, but he makes my friend happy. After the episodes with Steph and Arv, it is enlightening to see Kerry having a guy to call her own. She bullies him to no end *well, that's Kerry for you*, but KK looks happy enough to do anything to please her. After dinner and two frames of bowling, Kerry and I made a pact to start spending more time together. Weekly tennis sounded great.

During dinner with them, I bumped into an old classmate. Erica and I were rather close throughout high school, with me always in her house in Kampung Cina for extra classes. She is one of those typical Terengganu chinese girls- those who speak superb Malay (in Terengganu dialect to boot!), dated Malay boys in school and knows her nasi dagang. We lost track of each other after school. We actually squealed and jumped up and down right there in the middle of Little Penang Cafe! We have each other's contacts now..and been exchanging sms-es.

Determined to keep on rekindling my old friendships, I invited Aefy over for brunch on Saturday - which happened to be her birthday. This wonderful lady has been in my life eversince we were dropped off at Sultan Sulaiman primary on our first day of school. We've been through almost everything - from exams to holidays, from first kisses to break-ups, from boyfriends to husbands. She is now the proud mother of beautiful baby Sarah..but at the same time - she never changed a bit. With our husbands coming from different worlds, Aefy and I tend to see less of each other over the years. The latest bombshell she dropped was that they are moving back to KT next month. *sigh* But looking at the bright side, we get to continue our aiskring goreng ritual!

Also present that morning was the everdearest NKN. Just having spent her last 2 weeks auditing in Penang, she was up and about from the word GO that day. We went to get food and cakes, she all the while filling me in about her cousin's upcoming engagement. We placed a call to Ely, who is now 5 months preggers just to know how she was doing while waiting for Aefy to show. Once all of us got together, Sarah was left at the men's mercy! A combination of nasi lemak, ice cream cakes and gossips can be quite self-indulging! It was a belated birthday get together for NKN as well, since we missed hers last week.

It was a good weekend. In line with the prediction and advise for those born in the Year of the Horse in 2005, I should slow down and start smelling the flowers. This, believe is my first step.

Now, to get another friend to have coffee ... *lion3ss starts planning*

A birthday shout to Ace and E as well. Wishing you guys a great year ahead and hope to see you soon!

12 Comments:

Blogger famyGirl said...

hi!! i am Sofea's mom. i hope my ever-chatty-and-friendly anak dara did not bug you too much that night.

glad to have met you :)

4:34 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Not at all! Both her and Aidin are so adorable - especially the chatterbox Sofea. Since I adore kids, her bugging was welcomed. Realised our hubbies werediscussing the fact that neither of them have blogs!

It was nice meeting you too. Do drop by anytime.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, lucky you. My hubby prefers blogging than talking to me :-(

Don't know what he is up to!

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, lucky you. My hubby prefers blogging than talking to me :-(

Don't know what he is up to!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Bustaman said...

Get Buster to blog, then he won't be so shy.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Lollies said...

Hiya.. met you right at Pok Ku's? I'm glad....

11:54 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Anon : Go read his blog *like Buster does - although he denies it!*. Then maybe you know what he's really up to!

Pok Ku : Hehehe, tried but failed. He said he prefers reading them!

Lollies : Yup, although at that time you were just LoL *think Zachary ate the rest!* Glad to have met you too!

8:20 AM  
Blogger kimster said...

Aiyya... we are suppose to have coffee this week kan? :P

OK - How about having a light/quick-ish lunch on Thursday? I have a series of recruitment interviews that day (4 in the morning, 3 afternoon) but we can run to SF Coffee. OK ka?

the kimster

8:22 AM  
Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

Hi Famygirl! Hi LoLLies! Hi Pokku!

It was great meeting you guys the other day :).

Oh just in case you're wondering, I was sitting next to Lioness, next to the guestbook.. hehe..

Lioness, thumbs up for you!! I've been wanting to get back in touch with my friends too, but haven't done so.. Now you've inspired me...

8:36 AM  
Blogger Dade Ghost said...

Wow, u all had gathering? The bloggers? Ermm... sounds fun.... Yeah everyone should have lots of friends... and make more....

10:14 AM  
Blogger Lollies said...

Thanks for coming. come again. what is leez's address?

10:23 AM  
Blogger atiza said...

hi ya..met you at pok ku's nasik dagang do but don't have the time of the world to chat. singgah le rumah :)

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home