//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Need a new watch? Eat a fish.

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Need a new watch? Eat a fish.

Bro took Buster and I for dinner last night. Not wanting to hear me going on and on about my craving for crabs and lamb chops, the boys took me to that all-you-can-eat place in Kampung Pandan. The restaurant was empty when we arrived, so we managed to pile up our plates with all those seafood and meat. *nyum*

While waiting for our food to grill and boil, we were talking about Buster's annual trip with the boys next April. They are planning to go to Bangkok before SL gets married this June. Bro was already giving him a sly grin when he mentioned the words bachelor party. Hmmm... don't ask me why I agreed to it. Thought it'll be good for them to continue their tradition eventhough two of them are married *plus I didn't know Patpong was part of the iterinary!*. Both of them were going on and on about Bro's last trip to Thailand and how it is only fair that I don't question the 'educational trip' since I went there myself last year!

I wanted to tag along first I heard about it, not to spoil their party - no, I wouldn't even think of doing that *batting eyelashes innocently* but to go shopping. But Kimmy, SL's fiancé wanted to go as well, and the boys were not too keen on the idea. Wish I could go for a getaway on my own too. The last one I took was more than a year ago. But friends have their own agenda - singlehood, work, boyfriends and in some cases, babies. Maybe I should just take that long overdue trip to Penang. Any takers?

Anyway, talking about Penang, this conversation came up while I was choosing a fish to steam last night:

Buster : The fish looks good. You think they're fresh?

Bro : They look so. But wonder where they're from.

Buster : Does it make any difference?

Bro : Well, if the fish are from Penang and Kedah you just might be lucky tonight.

Buster : Why? Sebab murah, is it? Yelah, with the tsunami and all.

Bro : That, plus it is like main tikam lah. Apparently, ada orang jumpa Rolex lah, wedding bands lah in the fish over there.

Buster : Mujo bukan jumpa jari.

Bro : Hok tu ada jugoklah.


I spent the rest of my dinner eating meat and mushrooms.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talking about 'educational trip'.... I think I need a refresher course. Just to keep me updated with the latest errr...'technology'. :)

-bro-

6:20 PM  
Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

hohoho... buleh ke caya them boys to behave in patpong?? ;)

penang? hmmm... sounds like fun... when you planning to go? JOM!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Awang Goneng said...

Stick to ikang jebong. They only swim in Trengganu.

4:56 PM  
Blogger kimster said...

One question.

Pre-tsunami, do we have any idea apa benda yang all the fishes makan?

I don't think we should suddenly get all paranoid about it.

Bila kita siang ikan tu, kita buang perut dia semua kan?

9:27 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Bro : Think Buster will fill you in after his trip!

Leez : Buleh caye ke dok tu satu hal..dia kabor ke dok is another!

Awang : *LOL*It is like almost impossible to get it here. Your next trip home we HAVE to go ikang jebong hunting!!

Kimster : Yeah, I used to find screws lah, anak ketam lah (among other things) when I siang them. Been unlucky so far not to find diamond bracelets! *grin* Just bought kgs of fish and other seafood from pasar borong last sunday - fingers or not!

12:38 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Thanks Adam. And welcome!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home