//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: The Triple Double U - Work, weight and weekends.

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Monday, January 24, 2005

The Triple Double U - Work, weight and weekends.

A belated Hari Raya Aidiladha to all! Hope it was a wonderful weekend for everyone, except maybe for the cows and goats.

Things have been so topsy turvy the past couple of weeks that I hardly have the time to write. *sigh* Going to work now is becoming a terrible chore. I hate waking up in the morning thinking of what the day's fiasco would be. I so understand how EllyB feels about working right now. And for those whom I've consulted on the incident last week, thanks. It is still bugging me to the core, my sleep is still disturbed, and I am just waiting for the next screaming session to start. But I guess now it is more of 'wait & see' whether our predictions will come true.

Riiiight, enough with the sad stuff.

The trip back was a short one. After running at neckbreaking speed and holding a flight full of annoyed passengers to wait for us, we made it to good ol' KT on Thursday afternoon. Buster almost gave up hope and got himself mentally ready with the thought of driving, but we made it just in time, thanks to Man Kawad. *It was just our luck that DekNi and Fru were sitting behind us. They gave us no end about delaying the flight!* T was at home as well, so we had almost a full quorum on Raya morning. Abang and IJ decided to go back during CNY, an even longer weekend.

Mama decided to feed us, feed us and feed us. And to think she is the one complaining about our weight:

Adik, you look fat-lah..

Your trousers look err..a bit tight-lah ..

Buster is getting bigger than Drew Carey!

When I was your age, I was still a size 6..


...and so on...*rolls eyes*

But yet she cooked our fave dishes, enough for an army. Nasi minyok, lidoh bakor, gulai udang, the works! God bless her. *grin* And we managed to sneak out to have our dosage of fried ice cream at Batu Burok too! Saturday saw us rushing back to KL and back to Daddy's kampung. We missed the actual qurban *not that I'm complaining* and we missed the part where we cut and weigh the meat. But we got fed (again) by the aunties and uncles, and it was all worth it.

The rest of the weekend saw me babysitting the kids (read: making sure they don't turn my house into a tsunami-hit town) while finishing my office assignment. Managed to keep them busy tinkering with the PC - they are so easily amused with even Powerpoint! Oh, and dating Buster *smile*. We went to watch movies on both days (Meet The Fockers is just hilarious!) and found new places to eat. After the outburst I had last week, we are both trying to find a middle ground. He promised to spend more quality time at home, and I told him I'd be more understanding when it comes to his family.

Work today is a totally opposite story, but I shall not let that get to me yet. Bro is in town, and Buster invited him to have dinner at home tomorrow. Now that I've hit it off so well with Kak Wan, he should be extremely nice to me..MUAHAHAHA!

And no Bro, a light bulb as a housewarming gift doesn't apply anymore!

4 Comments:

Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

Hey hey hey! Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha to you! Weh.. sedap ke lidah bakor? Dok penoh denga pung? Cicoh nge gapo?

Hopefully things at work will be better for you soon. I admire your strength :).

2:39 PM  
Blogger binx said...

used to have the fried ice cream everytime we went out for outing during my school days.. ah missed that dessert so much. can't seem to any find it anywhere else but batu buruk...

hope things will work out for u @ work..

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lidah bakar?? Taik itik?? What else huh? Keep these up and you guys will delay 2020 vision you know.
Anyway, I'll be seeing you guys soon. Was about to ask you to cook...but my worry is it would be a fear-factor dinner lak nanti.
Ada masa we go shopping for housewarming gift kay!

-bro-

1:58 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Leez: Lidoh bakor - some people eat them with nyicoh lada, my mom grills it with tumeric and garlic - good
enough to eat it on its own as lauk!

binx: Try the ice cream goreng in La Manila Taman Tun. More flavours, but nit as nice as the homemade Batu Burok ones.

Bro: You aaa..if I don't cook, you say I malas. I wanna cook, complain pulak!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home