//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: A Daughter's Dedication

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A Daughter's Dedication

Whenever my spirits are down
And endless troubles make me frown
There you are, watching and smiling
Never stop encouraging
Telling me to try harder, keep pushing still
Like ants, preservering to make a mole hill.

You give me the freedom I want
Never once saying 'You can't'
But at the same time keeping me at bay
Teaching me how to weigh
The good and the bad
The happy and the sad.

You made me realise what life brings
And how to appreciate the littlest of things
You told me that each cloud has its silver lining
Just like your smile that never wears thin!

And now that I'm older I see more clearly
The love and the care that you've given me
A love that's given without boundary
Although not shown to the world,
I know it's there, and it'll stay for eternity.

So Happy Birthday my dearest Dad
I pray to Allah that you are blessed
May this day fill you with gratefulness,
And all happiness and loveliness.

My one and only Aboh, you will forever be,
And I'll be your little girl as long as you want me!



lion3ss feels : LOVED

7 Comments:

Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

wowwwwwwww

i'm very impressed.

wish i can write that well.

instead of just my bunch of usual merapu-ness.

5:16 PM  
Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

oh ye, happy bday to your Aboh!! may he be blessed..

5:19 PM  
Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

oh ye, happy bday to your Aboh!! may he be blessed..

5:19 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Thanks honey *blush*. Was inspired by your poem to Woodster!

Will definitely convey the wish to him.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Dade Ghost said...

May Allah, grant youd dad, great health and happiness!

I think I want to learn to write poem....

10:58 AM  
Blogger famyGirl said...

what a beautiful beautiful poem!! seriously... :)

wishing your Dad happy birthday, semoga dilindungi dan diberkati Allah SWT selalu...

9:41 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Thanks for the warm wishes folks. Aboh says thank you, and may Allah bless everyone too!

DG : IT's not that hard once you try!

Famy : Thanks dear!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home