//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: It's just another manic Monday..

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Monday, March 14, 2005

It's just another manic Monday..

Office is so quiet today. Good. Am not really feeling up to false smiles and laughing at stupid jokes.

Went out for dinner with SL last night. He figured since Kimmy ditched him to go holidaying with her mom, and Buster away in Sydney - we single folks can keep each other company over pancakes! After a whole day of volunteered *NOT voluntary* babysitting (I'd call it suicide mission actually!), it was verrry welcomed.

But guess what? I got stuck in the darn elevator for ten whole minutes! The door didn't want to open, and I keep going from B1 to G and back again. Got panicked. Phone had no signal. Called for help, and this conversation took place:

L : Help, the doors won't open.

Them : Cik, cakaplah kuat sikit. Kita tak dengar.

L : SAYA STUCK DALAM LIFT APM 2358. PINTU TAKNAK BUKAK!

Them : Ooooh, ingat apa tadi.

L : Can you please get me out from here?

T : Kejap Cik..

Five minutes passed..

L : Hello, I am still in here.

T : Tapi system says lift tu oklah Cik..

L : Saya tak kisahlah sistem kata apa. Please let me out.

T : Hold on. Nanti kita call technician. He is still rectifying another lift.

L : You mean dari tadi you tak cakap technician?!!

Another few minutes...

T : Hmm..Cik, cuba check Cik tekan tak open button?

L : WTF?! Dah, sayang. I won't be in this lift for ten minutes just for kicks, you know.

Another 3 minutes..

T : Kejap cik, technician baru nak pegi.

Door suddenly opens...

L : Hey, the door opened! OK, I'm out. Thanks.

T : Huh? Dah bukak. *whispers whispers* Kita tak buat apa apa Cik. Ajaib tu. Cik tak tekan kut tadi..(fading sounds of laughter)


*SHEESH! Some people!*

Mujo the food after that paid off. Oh, and the company too. And having dear NKN sleeping over was a wonderful treat.

Note to self : Don't ever take that lift again. Ever.

7 Comments:

Blogger AF said...

I was once stuck in a lift for 20 minutes masa nak gi class pagi pagi buta. It was full. I dont think everyone showered (I did!) I think I could have killed myself if i had to wait any longer

1:37 AM  
Blogger famyGirl said...

oh my.. i would've freaked out (before i can think straight and act rationally)... you were very brave ;)

2:43 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Anuar : I would kill myself too! At least I was alone.

famy : I think kalau another 5 minutes or so I would freak out kut. At least the 'nice' *rolls eyes* people were on the line with me.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Lollies said...

it is scary. tak prihatin betul dia orang ni..

4:38 PM  
Blogger shay said...

aww...that's so scary..just imagine u stuck in there with somebody else...err a bangla perhaps...OMG..

things happen..just hope that it won't happen again ;)

5:43 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Lollies : Memang panic mula mula, and the guys didn't help! Siap boleh buat lawak with each other! *grrrr*

shay : Touch wood! I can't imagine if that was the case. *counting my lucky stars*

8:29 AM  
Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

hey, this is better! it's no haloscan, but it's definitely easier to leave comments here :).

i love it!

anyway, sorry to hear that. and those jerks, you bagitau sikit sapa, bagi i sekeh kepala dia.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home