//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: School holiday is coming, but why am I not feeling like a kid?

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Friday, March 11, 2005

School holiday is coming, but why am I not feeling like a kid?

Just got back from the terrible jungle beneath a.k.a the shopping mall during sale time. It is a miracle I survived - especially in Vincci. Totally forgot about the sale and while I was picking up a shoe, I was joined by a mob of kiasu shoppers who would take a shoe out of your hand the moment they see hesitation!

Decided to forgo footwear. Got birthday cards for Aboh and Yong. Got enough stamps to last me for the year.. *Err, not that I write that much anyway* Passed through La Senza and drooled over nightwears. Went into the supermarket to get instant soup. Stopped by G2000 to check out suits. By the time I was ready to return to the office, the shopping crowd just got bigger. Stupid me, I forgot that this scene is so very familiar because:

1) It's Friday

2) It's lunch time

2) It's the Mega Sale Carnival

3) It is after all, a shopping mall *duh!*


Imagine going through this same scene next week, only that it'll happen EVERY DAY. When we get to see school kids running loose, and teenagers trying to act older than their age *sheesh*. The only silver lining to this is that driving to work will be a breeze.

Talking about holidays, those brats are not the only lucky ones. Buster will leave tonight on an all-expenses-paid trip to the Land Down Under. No doubt he'll be in training, but the idea of being anywhere but here is so, so tempting. Unfortunately, office duties *yuck* and financial restraint *ever yuck-ier* stopped me from tagging along *sigh*. Thank goodness it'll be just for a week. I shouldn't complain really. At least he leaves me the most 4 times a year, and a maximum of 3 weeks each time. Abang leaves IJ every other week, EllyB is practically living alone and Elisa is missing her hubby everyday. I should count my lucky stars and stop whining everytime he goes away. *hangs head in shame*

Well, it's Friday and I should be more alive than this. Oooh, ooh, good news - CW just approved my leave for next Friday..and okay-ed the idea of me going on a longer one in April *Yeah, yeah I know it's still far, but just be happy for me, ok?*

Wonderful weekend, folks!

7 Comments:

Blogger atiza said...

going somewhere far next april?
don't forget to collect hotel pencils for me :)

10:48 AM  
Blogger famyGirl said...

i'd whine each time my husband needs to go outstation too (several trips already KIV-ed this year) but at least now i have the kids to keep me occupied.

i'd still miss him though... you know how it feels like.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Lollies said...

Sayang laki, kasikle dia tinggal-tinggalkan kita.

I sometimes have to elsewhere too . TAK SUKA TAK SUKA!!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Bustaman said...

Do not worry about the stamps. With the new Pos Malaysia rates, you will use those stamps up in no time.

12:10 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

atiza : Maybe.. *keeping fingers crossed* Shall definitely remember those hotel pencils (Yang local nak? I have plenty!)

famy: I hear you *sigh*. At least you have those kids. Next month he's leaving again.

Lollies: As long as he sms me daily! Yeah, sometimes I'm the one away too.

Pok Ku : Yups, used a quarter of them already! Now I understand why people prefer email.

12:29 PM  
Blogger shay said...

travelling alone sucks..especially when u r married..the best thing is i can shop like hell..haha...

btw, i am currently away from my hubby for a month training in States..it hurts to be apart from the other half!

5:47 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

shay : Tell me about it! Got money, can shop.. If not, do the second best - window shopping!

Hey, the month will be over before you know it. I know the feeling *wink*

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home