//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: The Kerteh Chronicles - Part III

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Thursday, December 23, 2004

The Kerteh Chronicles - Part III

Tuesday 14 December 2004

The flood doesn't look like it's going anywhere. Although the Jerangau highway is now opened to cars, I am so not familiar with that road. And they say that highway can be quite dangerous if you are not used to it, especially at night. Some says it is due to 'lembu melitah', some says it is due to some unexplained things *hmmm*.

Reminds me of the stories of Bukit Bauk and Rhu Kubur. We try not to pass those places after Maghrib alone. People say tempat tu kerah sket, berantu pung ye gok (those places are haunted!) Last time I passed that place with Buster, our radio just went off. Coincidence we think, but everytime we pass it now' we'll go shooshing each other. *Mulut bok bek bok bek bbaca doa (lips moving reciting prayers), hehehe!*

Told Mama I might not be going home after all. Aboh sounded dejected. Apparently they have made plans and even bought crabs to cook. Should I just risk being stuck in KT or go home straight? Tough call..*sigh*

Today's visit was similarly uninteresting. The highlight of the day was the fact that I got my dose of soup in that wonderful Nasi Sup place Nadsy recommended. Almost everyone loved it - thank God. *Mr. Bollywood said he'd kill me if the food wasn't good!*

Ooh, here comes the bus. We're going to visit the labs. Let's see if my chemistry knowledge can come in handy..*grin*

lion3ss: 2.50 pm 14/12/2004

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had a round of tennis with CoolMom just now. She's good, she just doesn't give herself enough credit. The thing about being here is I get to exercise everyday. Yesterday it was aerobics and swimming with the girls, and today - at the courts. Plan to continue this once back in KL *fingers crossed*.

Tonight, Insya Allah we'll be having ikan bakar in Paka *those succulent flesh, the sambal..drool*. Abang used to bring me there whenever I stayed with him here, and hope they have the generous spread of fish like before!

Ooh..nearly eight. Better go get ready before they come knocking.

lion3ss: 7.49 pm 14/12/2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home