//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: The weekend is here again, but why am I not jumping with joy?

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Friday, October 08, 2004

The weekend is here again, but why am I not jumping with joy?

The week flew by so fast! What with the 2-day workshop, the Away Day, running to and fro the hospitals and going back and forth the different floors everyday - I am surprised I am still not stick thin. And looking at the condition of my 98.7% completed paradise, the weekend would probably be spent cleaning and unpacking *big sigh*. Plus still running to the hospital - Nan Jatt is admitted too. And the to-do-list for the weekend is just so long! Yes, I am being whiny, but aren't weekend supposed to be fun?

It has been a while since I braved myself to have lunch on a Friday. Lately, I've been packing food and eat lunch with a good book. Today however, I finally had that forever postponed lunch with a couple of friends from high school. Noon was in a hurry to leave as always, but not before passing her kuih raya sample for us to have. We tried out the food on the rocks thingy, and surprisingly, it is quite good. *The tomyam noodle is recommended* In between munching our food and reminiscing the past, serious matters also crept up.

Ely was expressing her worry with the impending raya. Being married for two years, the family has been bugging them for babies. Poor Ely is running out of explanation (and tears of frustration) to offer insensitive lots who make stupid assumptions on why they haven't started a family. While some has it easy, other people aren't that lucky. Look at Jiji, she spent 4 years trying before being blessed.

And talking about lucky people, we also met up with Mamat and Sue. Their bundle of joy, Rysha was born 11 months after the marriage. Oooh, she is soo adorable! *We just couldn't help pinching those plump rosy cheeks!* Mamat disclosed that his dad is now married to a 19-year-old girl, and now he has a sister younger than Rysha!

NKN on the other hand is being hounded by her parents to get married. Her beau Zane isn't exactly the idea of a son-in-law in Uncle Lid's head. With his artsy-fartsy ponytail and Fat Albert t-shirt, he is not the typical boy-next-door nor those polished gentlemen her parents were hoping for. NKN wants to approach her parents (err..Zane too!) with some proposals, but is just scared s**tless to do so. *Then again, if you know Uncle Lid, you would be too!*

And me? I shared my fear of not living my life to the fullest. I shared my joy of finally getting the home I dream of. I told them my anxiety with Wan's condition. After for quite sometime feeling I had no friends left to share things with, I met them.

So there we were, talking about the same things we used to talk about when we were younger, only to a different degree. Relationships. Families. Our happiness. Our fear. Our hopes. Just like the good ol' times. Funny how we rarely see each other, but once we do, things are so familiar. Thanks guys, for making my Friday bearable.

Need to leave, Buster's here. A good weekend wish to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home