//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: I need food!

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Saturday, October 09, 2004

I need food!

We've moving office again..so here I am packing. Not that I have much to pack anyway *rolls eyes*. But the idea of packing after work on weekdays doesn't really appeal to me.

Gosh, my tummy just growled. Thought Mak Ngah's yummy curry and caramel last night would tie me over till lunch. Then again, I didn't get my Nestum this morning. Talking of food *I can hear my stomach singing again!*, I can't wait for our monthly trip back to Terengganu this weekend. And it being the fasting month, it'll be like a food festival everyday!

Maybe I should give this list to Mama prior to going back..hehehe.

Ayam golek
Ketupat pulut garing - to eat with sambal daging
Ikan keli bakor
Koleh lemok
Kuih tok haji serbang
Nasi dagang Chabang Tiga
Krepok lekor
Lompat tikam
Beka ubi
Laksam
Nasi kuning Bukit Kechik
Ketupat sotong
Roti paung Durian Burung


..and the list goes on. Oh, how can I ever forget the fabulous nasi ayam in Pulau Kambing? We call it Nasi Ayam Wong..and we've been a regular customer since Abang was three. Uncle Wong has long passed, but the shop now is run by his son (whom we also call Wong, hehe). It is a very small kopitiam, but the food is really good (and dirt cheap). Their chicken chop and steak are also to die for *lion3ss wipes drool off the desk*.

There used to be a bakery in Gong Kapas owned by an elderly couple which sells heavenly buns. This was waaay before Roti Boy was invented. These small buns, which has a small star shape on top, is topped with butter and sugar. We call them roti bintang (star buns) *Yes, yes, how original!* However, after the husband died the aunty moved to outside KT to stay with her son and sold the shop. I don't really remember who took over, but the next thing I knew was that the shop became a fridge workshop.

All this talk about food is making me famished. Guess I better go back to packing and leave earlier for lunch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bustaman said...

I know that shop in Pulau Kambing. They cooked good sweet and sour fish too. Their nasi ayam reminds me of the Cameroon Cafe (in front of Rex that is now a church I think) nasi ayam in Singapore.

5:25 PM  
Blogger RG said...

and now i'm hungry...


damn :)

3:45 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Pok Ku: Have never been to that place in Singapore but shall try the sweet & sour fish. Thanks!

RG : Me too!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home