//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: That was a long break, wasn't it?

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

That was a long break, wasn't it?

Yes, I am back. Actually I have been back at work for a week since last Monday. But you know how it is - files piled up on the desk, e-mail to read and replied to, and getting back into the groove basically.

During the 3 months I was away, between feeding Lil Cub and attending to his every need, I've been writing quite a lot - mostly in my notebook. Shall make an effort to transfer it here.

Oh yeah, Buster and I have been blessed with a male cub. Eirfan was born weighing 3.2 kgs and standing at 51 cm. He is now almost 3 months-old, cheekier than ever. He laughs, coos and smiles so very often now.

Lil Cub is quite an easy baby. He only cries whenever he is hungry and sleepy. He feeds often (and a lot!) But he has established a sleeping routine that favours his mommy. That little dear only wakes up at midnight for his last feeding of the day and lets me sleep all the way till Subuh! And even when he wakes up in the morning, he'll be smiling and chatting away (in his unrecognisable baby sounds) all by himself till one of us picks him up.

He started 'school' the day I started work. It breaks my heart every morning to leave him at the nursery, but hey - that's the way things are. The first day of him being there saw me crying and him smiling at his 'classmates'. Hehehe.. But I am glad for the quality time we have in the car, especially our morning rides - me singing and him grinning away (I bet he is just laughing at how silly his mom looks!). The downside of having him in a place near the office is that he has to go through the jam with me every evening. Most of them time he gets irritated and goes to sleep. I wish I could do that too!

Oh dear, lunchtime is over. Will definitely try to update again soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger elisataufik said...

hoh! balik doh dia!!
bila nak dapat tengok si lil' cub?

9:00 PM  
Blogger *lynne* said...

congrats again on the new addition to the family! glad to also see you back in the blogosphere :-)

3:28 AM  
Blogger famyGirl said...

ohhh yayy!! :)

2:19 PM  
Blogger MDR said...

yeay! ur back..n hooray for lil' cub! he is SO cute..n sounds like a gud baby alright..my lil girl was like that too..last feeding at midnite and she let me sleep till subuh..of course, the pattern changes as they grow...but babies are babies..n no matter what they're still ours :-D

it broke my heart to send my baby to 'school' too..but i'm gettin' used to it now..

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home