//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Can I take my leave now?

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Can I take my leave now?

It has been quite some time since I have last written anything.

*No, Elisa - I dok beranok lagi!*

But work in the office has been crazy and I dread the day that I am going for my leave. The kind doctor has already given me a blank MC - for me to put the date whenever I feel too tired to work anymore. I'd prolly take up on her offer next week. She suspects Lil Cub would come out a week earlier than his due date, which is in a week's time!

Went for our last and final class of parentcraft last night. Since we started off with the 3rd class a month's back (the lady doesn't think I'd make it in time if I started with the first class last week!), last night class was on breathing techniques and antenatal exercises. I was the ONLY person who is past 36 weeks..so you can imagine me trying to do some of the exercises! *Hahaha..Buster made sure I wasn't 'pushing' during the breathing class - in case Lil Cub thinks it is actually time!!*

Got almost everything in the baby & mommy list (thanks aunties & uncles for the gifts!), except for a few items that Buster needs to get during his lunch. *HINT!HINT!*

Errr..any suggestions on the best brand of diapers anyone?

Oooh, I can't describe the anxiety and worry that goes through my head right now. I am so excited, but at the same time pinching myself to ensure that this is REAL. The realisation that my whole life would change after the next week or two, the idea that a small being will be dependent on you for his life and well being, the whole concept of having a kid. WOW!

I remembered praying in front of the Kaabah last year so that Allah bless us with a child only when He thinks we are ready to have one. Who are we to question His decision? I certainly wasn't at that point of time..but I can't imagine waiting any longer now.

Wish me luck, people. I will try to update during my leave. But in case I don't - I shall personally sms you when the time comes.

8 Comments:

Blogger elisataufik said...

huggies and pampers work best. mahal sikit, tapi kurang kebocoran..

but then masa mula2 tu, pakai apa2 pun okay. Start buying diapers that fit well only when dia start berak sepikul.

6:09 PM  
Blogger *lynne* said...

all the best, beb! am very happy for you!

10:18 PM  
Blogger MDR said...

that is the best do'a ever..to ask for something when He thinks its right..that's how I prayed before I conceived and u know what? my baby did come at just the right time..everything fit into place beautifully..at least calendar-wise! btw, i delivered a week earlier than my duedate...

if it's not too late to wish u, i pray u'll have a safe delivery n all the best to u woman! and do announce the arrival of Lil Cub...i'm sure we all can't wait to welcome him into the world! :-D

7:07 AM  
Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

oh, what joy!!! Dear, I pray for your safety as well as his... May Allah bless all of you.. and Insya ALlah i'll be there to say hi to the new kid on the block!!

*Sigh*... wonder when my turn will be? What with everything that's happening eh..

2:33 PM  
Blogger Lollies said...

masa mula-mula can use any brand for he/ she will poo a lot. so it is a watse to buy pricey ones. Then as dia dah makin besar can use other brands. I use huggies during the day and mamaipoko at night.

Tapi i heard by now you dah beranak dah. kan?
Yayyy

1:05 PM  
Blogger famyGirl said...

oh oh oh... baru baca elisa's blog... and congratulations!!!! can't wait to read updates and please please post baby pictures :)

for aidiin, i used newborn sealer masa the first few weeks, then moved to drypers. not too pricey, if you're lucky, you get to buy masa sale kat giant or tesco.
masa sofea dulu dia sungguh pampered, huggies and mamypoko only :p

but it's true.. it's meant utk buang, so no need mahal ones. yang penting, comfy for baby's bum and tak mudah bocor.

smooches for lil cub.

5:49 PM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wehh dok balik lagi ke???

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home