//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Raya's over, bring on the New Year!

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Raya's over, bring on the New Year!

Here I am..back at being a corporate slave. Good thing is - bosses are still on leave. Not so good news is - am down with a killer migrane since yesterday. Was very close to getting an MC when I remembered I had a meeting at 0930 hours. And guess what - meeting was postponed. *sheesh*

Since am already planning to take a few days off next month, guess I better save my not-so-many annual leaves. *double sheesh*

Aaaanyway, enough whining. Raya was ..well.. interesting. Had my first raya with buster's family which started on Raya eve itself. Went to Daddy's kampung to visit his parents' grave and had iftar in the old family house. Took back several kinds of Javanese-style food for raya morning. First time I had ketupat with ayam masak kicap and kekel masak lemak (and chicken feet in some yellow gravy). Back in Bangsar, BW was already cooking Nasi Tomato and brought back some Ayam Kuzi from her mother's. Nyum.. My task : to clear the fridge to put all the scrumptious food in. Managed to do well after finishing Jiji's jelly and some leftover chocolate cake. *lion3ss hangs head in shame*

Raya morning saw me going for prayers in the mosque nearby. Apart from the Mak Datins dressed to the nines, there are also loads of foreign workers also in their colourful raya garbs. The only thing was that I barely knew anyone. It was quite a sad moment for me as I remember the sembahyang raya in the small surau back in Terengganu. Everyone knew everyone, and new faces are welcomed as family. Probably if Mummy Dah was around it would be slightly different.*sigh*

Went back to kampung again after prayers, where I had my first experience of his family's salam raya. It was fun and different, as they have a huge family. Everyone was in line from the eldest to the youngest..just like in TV! More food, and that evening we stopped by to see Wan. Mak Chik had Nasi Dagang and ketupat palas!! *lion3ss feels her tummy expanding!*

Second day of raya saw us driving to Johor to visit Mummy Dah's side of the family. Saw her old house..and got myself RM9 sandals. The drive to KLIA after that was an adventure. Although we started early, the jam from Alor Gajah all the way back to KL had us racing against the clock. Since the flight was for 1635 hours, we had only four hours. Buster took the emergency lane almost half of the journey (we are still waiting in anticipation for the summons) and made it to the airport at 1620 hours. Talk about cutting it close! And the buying the sandal was the best decision I made since I don't think I could've made it with my heels!

Raya in Terengganu was as relaxing and festive as ever. Less friends coming this year though, since most of them are away at their in-laws. Had different food everyday - Nasi Telur, Nasi Dagang, Nasi Kapit, Nasi Carrot, etc, etc. Went back to Besut on the 4th day to visit Ki's grave and a few aunts there. The house looks a bit rundown since the last time we were there though *sigh*. Managed to 'tan' myself cleaning the fish pond on our last day in KT *rolls eyes*.

Coming back to work is a drag. Office is still quite empty, but the post-raya momentum is really slow. Hope it picks up soon. Time being, shall distract myself by home decorating. With hints from almost everyone, guess I WILL be having the house warming soon..probably in stages. Don't think I can fit in everybody in one sitting! Any takers? *Err..Gemini - you don't have to gate crash!*

Btw, thanks for the warm wishes for raya. To all six (or is it five?) readers I have - hope you had an equally wonderful raya! *Yes, Bro - it includes you too!*

*Note to self: Start jogging and dieting (huh, what?!) this week. Aim: To fit into that lilac kebaya for Ash's wedding.*



4 Comments:

Blogger Bustaman said...

Welcome back! I wonder if nasi telur is "nasi kunyit".

10:31 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Hi Pok Ku! No, Nasi telur is more like nasi minyok(less oily though, think the use margarine or butter) with eggs scrambled in it. Sometimes it reminds me of nasi goreng telur as well. Eaten with ayam masok meroh and acor timun or acor nenas. Will try to get a pic of it if I can.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome!! It's down to five or six readers now? Last year you told me you had like 2 to 3 thousands readers right?? Hmmmm....'Buster' should be grateful for this. As for me, Raya in Terengganu alone is just like riding a bicycle without a seat...simply 'pain in the arse'. I should be there in KL and you should be here la sis. That way you can carry on with your Tol Nusuk, Tol Duduk etc and I can have my Tol Kesas, Tol Jln Pahang, Tol Sg Buluh etc. -bro-

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha..bro, I think to get even 2-3 puluh is lucky! Ooh, if i count Buster, that comes to ..SEVEN! *grin* It's ok bro, I'll live with the tolls in KL for the time being. Maybe you can teach Nana to play tol nusut.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home