//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?

No, I am not going to Sesame Street Live *although I would love to - Hint! Hint!* but I am going to pull an Oscar to grouch on a few things:

1) This is the third time I am putting up this post. First time - the computer hanged. Then, I accidentally kicked the on/off button. Hope there won't be a Strike Three *crossing fingers*.

2) My butt got molested on the LRT.

It was Friday, not-so-early-in-the-a.m. The train was full, but not packed. So, when it came into the station, I managed to squeeze in and got myself a rather comfortable spot in front of the door. It was kinda close to the Indian/Bangladeshi guy nest to me, but not THAT close that he could encroach into my personal space. Train moved, I felt something grazing my ..err..behind. Looked back and saw the guy had this muka sposeng as if nothing happened. Riiight..maybe it was by accident. Continued reading my paper. Train stopped and moved again. And oops, there goes the hand again, finding its way to 'accidentally' brush my rear end. It happened once more before I turned back to confront him. Unfortunately, he too realise he had been 'caught' and moved further away. I got a seat by then, and continued glaring at him from afar until he alighted in Dang Wangi. Of all nerves! Not that he cared though. He was already eyeing the lady in short skirt walking in front of him. Ladies beware - our LRT are now filled with perves.

3) No Strudels for me for a month.

Still Friday - lunch time. As most people in the City Centre are aware, Friday afternoon usually means long lunch hours and rushing to the most relaxing establishment to get good tables. Craving for grilled fish, Leez dragged me to Strudels. In my attempt to not have carbo *not that it's working!*, I ordered the grilled lamb minus the potatoes. The order was placed at 1257 hours. We sat down and talked.

1315 hours: The ladies who were behind me at the counter got their grilled fish. We called the waitress and she said our food was on the way. Oookaaay.

1330 hours: The girl who just sat in front of our table got her pasta. Not good. Called the waiter and complained. He said he'd check up on our order. A good five minutes later, he came out and mumbled something about the lamb not being fresh and I could order something else. And you tell me this after 35 minutes?! Told him off and demanded for a refund. He had to cheek to refund only my meal, and asked us to wait another five bl***y minutes for Leez's fish. Told him to get the full amount and eat the fish himself.

Lunch on Friday: Junior Whopper and Salmon Burger, and a couple of mozzarella Sticks. To hell with the diet.

4)Don't you just hate when people try to cram into the train even when they see it is already packed like s can of sardines?

It was half past five, on a Monday. Train was almost full, but Mr. Smiley and I managed to get some space - him by the door, and me at the corner near him. Kampung Baru, more people came in and no one went out. Mr. Smiley looked as though he was pinned to the door. Second stop, more people came in. Including this rather horizontally challenged lady with a humongous bouquet of roses. I was pushed further into my corner.

Masjid Jamek, a flux of bodies were stuck at the door. Some coming in, some going out. By this time, the train was already overflowing with people. A millisecond before the door closed, a couple were pushing their way into the train. They managed to step on more than a couple of toes. Grumbles were heard, but the boyfriend (I assume, since I saw no rings)just held tight to his other half and glared at everyone in the train who dared say anything. Where was I during all these? Squashed like a dung beetle at the corner. I guess if I was a bunch of grapes, you could already get half a jug of wine! We could FINALLY breathe after reaching Central.

I am not even gonna start on the encounters with the Crazy One. And it is only Tuesday *BIG SIGH*.



4 Comments:

Blogger Bustaman said...

Maybe the guy that tweaked your bum was a blurred pickpocket.

10:36 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Maybe..you'll never know. Though he needs to 'brush' *no puns attended* up his skills to know that baju kurungs do not have back pockets. Laing kali patut pelekong dia ngang kasut.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear sis, i'm so sorry for for the incident. Now I think I understand why you always go off from work quite late. You just wanna avoid those peak hours aren't you?.
You know sis, when I pissed off with someone, I always say.."Hey asshole! Kiss my ass!". But I don't think you can use the exact words on that pervet as he would take the word literally...hehe.
I guess this is when a jacket or sticker saying "Persatuan Tae-Kwan-Do Bla Bla" will come in handy. It's like a house with the "Protected by XYZ Alarm System" signboard but in actual..takde pun.
It's very hard to get your 'behind' molested in the public transportation here in Kertih since there are only like 3 to 4 people in the bus at one time.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helllo lion3ss,

I was searching the internet for related information and arrived at your website. "this post" was not exactly what i was looking for, however it was quite an interesting read.

I will continue my search now for other related sites, but I will certainly bookmark this one for future reference.

Thanks again!

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home