//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Farewell Tic Tac

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Farewell Tic Tac

So long, farewell, it's time to say good bye..

I got Tic Tac from Mama & Aboh as a gift/loan/responsibility when I first started working in KL back in 2001. At first, I was content with taking the STAR - PUTRA link every day to work. But after I kept coming back later and later at night, they got a bit paranoid and decided that it was safer for their daughter to drive.

I was so excited when Aboh brought over the cute little green car from Terengganu. It was the nicest looking ride I had ever seen (maybe because I never owned one!). It was the special edition 1.5A Iswara Aeroback, complete with cruise control and all. Hehe, jakun me took it everywhere for rides, except to work (which defeated the original purpose!). At the time, a group of guy friends who lived in the same apartment got their cars well, so I often got free rides from them.

I took really good care of Tic Tac, making sure he was serviced on time, cleaned often, the works. He went to everywhere with me. When I felt like I needed some time off the city, he'd make sure I arrive in good ol Tranung or for a beach retreat in PD. When I need to fetch T from Soh Alang, Tic Tac would make sure we arrive back home safe and sound.

When I got married, Buster surprised Tic Tac with a free makeover. Buster thought he could do with a more 'masculine' touch (although it made his wife becoming the target of mat rempits cat calls). Tic Tac never looked better, with his new lights and skirtings all around. I was even more proud of bringing him all around town!

Fast forward a few years later, Lil Cub joined the pack. He fitted so snugly at the back of Tic Tac with his car seat. Tic Tac was getting slightly older, hence the squeaks here and there. Lil Cub called Ibu's car 'grek grek' in opposite of Daddy's 'vrrom vroom' car! Buster disallowed me from driving back to Terengganu with Tic Tac any longer, although T would sometimes. Until one day, he broke down right after the LPT. With more than a grand spent and a whole day of T and his friends waiting somewhere in Gambang, Tic Tac was brought back in one piece. But that was the end of his KT - KL trips.

Late last year, Buster and I decided to change to a slightly bigger car. Not la an MPV but prolly something with a bigger boot space and more reliable for my outstation travels. We pre-booked the new City, which bought us enough time to reconsider should we changed our minds. I think Tic Tac heard the whole deal and merajuk-ed. I met with an accident just a week after booking the new car. His front was smashed. I felt so guilty! It took 3 weeks for him to be perfected, but the nice people at the workshop also helped us to touched him up at the places where he looked a bit 'grey'. Tic Tac looked brand new again!!

But when the new model was launched, Buster decided to go ahead and get it. Meant that I have to either return Tic Tac to Mama & Aboh or sell him off. Sedih gok mikir. Called the parents and they said eventhough the car is fully paid for and everything, they wouldn't know what to do with 2 cars. They told me to trade Tic Tac in.

The moment came when the new car arrived. I so wanted to transfer Tic Tac's number to the new car, but then again, to think of it, he will never be Tic Tac. We got a new registration, and asked around for the best deals for Tic Tac. The dealers only wanted a ciput price for him, and I couldn't bring myself to let him go or do that to his dignity. Thank goodness for marvellous girlfriends and their cousins, I managed to clinch a good deal for Tic Tac. The night Boy came to take Tic Tac away, I had tears in my eyes seeing him go. All the memories - good ones and not so good ones drove away with him. Lil Cub still doesn't understand why we had to say goodbye to Tic Tac, and until today is still asking when Uncle Boy is bringing him back.

As of last weekend, Tic Tac found a new home in Jalan Kuching. From the way the owner spoke, I am quite confident that he'll be in good hands.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

huhu, tetibe sedey! isk.

11:25 AM  
Blogger zul's realm..... said...

hahhaa..kal liana i remembered when the car broke down kat LPT tu...but as far as i remember its one of the *bestest* experience ever...which definitely i'll cherish for the rest of my life...stranded with two best fren of mine in the middle of nowhere..duduk tepi highway and berborak...Hazri plak nak engage...hahah.. what an experience sayang tak amik gambar time tu...lucu sgt...instead of a disaster it became a great bonding experience hahahaha.....

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tic Tac banyak berjasa... has always been there for me since uni years... also took very good care of my sister and nephew.

sadly, I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to him... ;-(

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww.... sungguh schweet. *hugs*

Tic Tac is sucha cute name for a car :)

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home