//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Free maid service, please?

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Free maid service, please?

My house looks like tongkang pecah again now that T is back in Terengganu. (And once he comes back after his short holiday, he'll start working and will be staying over at his new crib.)

Every night I would tell myself, I'll do it tomorrow. But come tomorrow, the clothes would remain unfolded, the cushions scattered all over the living room and the trash would take more than 3 days to be taken out.

Yes, Buster is around. And he DOES help around the house when needed. *He is marvellous with the dishes!* But I guess I have to live with the fact that I married a not-so-domesticated-city-boy who doesn't seem to share my passion of doing laundry, dusting furniture and vacuuming floors!

Come back T...PLEASE.....

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what kinda love story movie you been watching or what kinda crappy romantic novel you been reading, but it is pretty hard to find a man who has PASSION in doing laundry and dusting furniture.

My suggestion = look for a maid, and channel your 'passion' in doing something else with your hubby.

p/s:
1. sorry for not visiting your blog for quite some time
2. he may seem marvellous with the dishes but I have doubt that he has 'passion' in executing that assigment


-bro-

6:45 PM  
Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

wanna share a maid? we pay half-half, hehehehe...

12:55 PM  
Blogger binx said...

aaah.. i share ur agony in having a disarrayed house.. since my maid ran away, my house has become a tongkang pecah.. and it's bad coz i really hate cleaning up.. hehehe.. me a not-so-domesticated-city-girl.. :D

9:06 PM  
Blogger elisataufik said...

*reads your bro's comment*

err... my husband rajin mengemas. He always does the vacuuming and the mopping for me. Sometimes he does the laundry, cuci bathroom.. I guess that's why I could survive without a maid for the pass 3 years.

Tapikan, there are advantages to having a non-domesticated husband: Sebab dia pun malas nak kemas, jadi dia pun kurang/ takleh complain.. :) my husband.. heh heh.. he will pot pet pot pet kalau nampak rumah semak. but then he'll help out to kemas.

9:09 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Bro : Mana ada books or movies. I guess it comes from watching my brothers and dad being that way. Maid? Buat apa nak maid rumah sekangkang kera only.

Leez : Hehehe..jauh tu nak share share.

binx : I know exactly what you mean, Ms-Not-So-Domesticated-City-Girl.

Elisa : You think Taufik can have a talk with Buster? Hehehe *evil grin*. You're lucky then. But true, He kurang la sikit la nak complain.

8:06 AM  
Blogger atiza said...

if you found one, refer to me too please :)

2:40 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

atiza : We can always dream, kan?

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pemalasnye BUster! :)

-McQuire-

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish Buster wud reply to this, but I guess it's OK for me to reply on his behalf since "great men think alike".

We are not malas. There are several reasons why men behave the way they do and in this case let me just share just a bit of our secrets laa..

1- We leave most of the h/hold chores to the wife to keep her occupied. We love her dunia akhirat...and that's why we don want her to go around mengumpat etc.
2- In the concept of 'rumahku syurgaku'...where got hard labour in the syurga. Hire a maid laa.
3- Since we love our wife, we don want people to label her as 'queen control'.
4- We like to wash dishes so that the male neighbors cannot 'ushar'our wife, but we can 'ushar' the neighbors if we want.
5- Hiring a maid --> (i)maid need the 400 bucks more than we do (ii) wife not tired = not moody (iii) more time for family.

There are more rationale but enuff for now... :-)

-bro-

12:20 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

MCQuire : Takdelah.. kurang minat je tu.

Bro : You and your ideas. Defending mankind I see? I'll remember to leave the dishes to you when you come over soon.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home