//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Monday, November 28, 2005

Office is rather quiet today. I am totally loving it. All those important people (read: Cruella, Ms Crazy, Lals and the rest) are away on errr... Away Day. Of course la I have like a long list of things to do on my 'amanat', but the thought of able to work without these people breathing down your neck is so calming.

Since I have been postponing my getaway (from November to December, now to January - you get the drift. I just hope it will materialise!), Buster took me to his office's quick getaway on Saturday. Nothing fancy, just plain ol' PD for a night. Well, at least I got myself a spa treatment and BBQ out of it. Although I can no longer strut around in my swimsuit and skirts due to the company (err..and those love handles!), it was alright being by the beach to watch the sunset and build sand mountains with the kids. I wish my REAL beach holiday will happen soon though.

Had Anne's belated birthday with Kerry and Buster last night. In honour of Ace who is away in NY, we had our dinner in Chutney's, an Indian Cuisine hidden gem in PJ. The food was marvelous and the company was even better. Been a while since all of us met up, so dinner was followed by desert in Lucky Garden, where we shared 6 pieces of cakes and pastries among the four of us! Updates: Anne is currently taking her exams while Kerry, apart from being the pillar of strength for her family, is also busy with her beau Kay. Chinaman Triad King lookalike Mikey (who sported blonde, white streaks and finally platinum longish hair throughout college) is now a clean-shaven, short haired, devoted father of a boy and a girl. Cik Wan is now working in Shanghai, and damsel-in-distress Moon was last heard working in a local bank while completing her ACCA.

Am sleepy to the max right now. Funny, since I slept for 3 hours yesterday evening, plus my normal 7-hour sleep. Too much sleep maybe?

3 Comments:

Blogger elisataufik said...

hey hey... lama tak dengar cerita..

btw, I've taken temporary residence at blogspot sekarang.. sementara tunggu modblog dah up.

You have love handles mah?? I thought buster would be the one with love handles..
hee hee..

2:18 PM  
Blogger binx said...

i would love to be in ur shoes rite about now.. i need some peace in the office..

btw, i've changed my blog's url.. it's http://rhumba-addict.blogspot.com

cheers!

12:35 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

Elisa: I love your picture!! Like some 'set ganah' like that. Love handles? Adaaaa. Buster bukan sahaja love, time & tenderness handles pun ada..heheheh..

binx : Will definitely visit your new home! Insya Allah end of the year you'll get some peace in the office (Hey, it rhymes!)

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home