//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Random Thoughts of a Lioness: Mondays..

Random Thoughts of a Lioness

The reward of conformity was that everyone liked you, except yourself.

Name:

This is me. Like it or not. 'I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions' - Dorothy Day, 1952

Monday, January 16, 2006

Mondays..

I feel so lethargic lately. My weekends have been busy with office engagements and family functions. All I need now is for that long week off during CNY to come quickly. It doesn't help that I am down with flu and sore throat. The MC from my doctor is still in the handbag. Will definitely use it this afternoon should Fake annoys me too much.

Anyway, Monday has always been the day of surprises. My new boss, Milk conveyed an offer of yet another position to me this morning. The plus side:

1. It is away from the centre
2. It is a division I've always wanted to go to
3. It is my chance of breaking away from the people I am currently with


Milk sounded upset that the offer came now, after she had already confirmed our positions, and her plans for this department. She told me that my name came out tops since:

1. I have made it crystal clear that I want out
2. I have all the experience related to the job
3. They need someone who could be transferred immediately


As much as I want to move out, I do not want to do the same thing again. Yes, it'll be in a different business but it is basically doing the same sh*t that I have lost faith in. Plus, I have given Milk my word that I'll stay for a bit before I get restless again. It wouldn't be fair for her for me to just up and go. *sigh*

My question is - What the hell are those people (the supposed Powers That Be in the office) doing? They should have thought everything over before issuing transfer letters to everyone like there's no tomorrow. Milk said there will be another major movement for the lowly servants (ie the gang and I) soon. Talk about PONCs and wastage of energy, time and effort. These people should be the picture accompanying the word in any dictionary!


Oh dear, here she comes again. God, give me strength and patience please....

7 Comments:

Blogger *lynne* said...

well, at least you know you are wanted/appreciated within the organisation, right? Kinda need to keep that in mind, since more often than not the organisation really screws up HOW it shows that appreciation, eh? congrats on the move either way :-)

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well dear ... everywhere in "the" organization is the same ... it's the same system ... I read Big Blues .. about the IBM ... how it failed in PC business ... sound so familiar like in "the" organization.

11:22 AM  
Blogger ADLIZA HIZAN said...

what the HECK is going on over there??

change here, change there, expand here, restructure there..

i'm glad i'm not included in the chaos this time. but poor you & the others!

well, hang in there dear.. things will get better :). at least MILK is nice...

11:30 AM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

lynne : My mantra " I love my job, I love my job ..."

hsm : Well, I guess I'm stuck in 'the' organisation for a bit.

Leez : You're so lucky you got out on time.

5:12 PM  
Blogger elisataufik said...

cepat2lah dapat anak.. ada excuse nak berenti kerja..
ker ker ker..
(pandai je kita racun otak orang..)

7:08 PM  
Blogger Oreos said...

hope things turn out for the best...

3:32 PM  
Blogger lion3ss said...

elisa : Boleh je..tapi Buster kena cari kerja yang boleh afford wife dia punye lifestyle. Hahaha..

Oreos : Thanks dear..

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home